Help! Dual battery charging off bike Bosch 500Wh

Nothgiel

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 15, 2019
Is it possible to charge two batteries at once with one charger? I want to know because when I go camping I may have to take both both batteries off the bike to charge at a wall plug and I do not want to have to carry two chargers.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think it would be awkward with any battery, but particularly so with a Bosch because of the relatively sophisticated interface between battery and charger. At least the charger is a lot less heavy than the battery.

D

Deleted member 25121

It's not possible unless you designed you own electronics.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Is it possible to charge two batteries at once with one charger? I want to know because when I go camping I may have to take both both batteries off the bike to charge at a wall plug and I do not want to have to carry two chargers.
The charger will simply take twice as long as you envision it.
But due to complicated circuitry, not designed to do this, and possibly the need for both batteries to be identical in all respects, age, voltage, charge level, "IT AIN'T GONNA WORK!"
Possibly damaging something really expensive as well.
Battery fires are not fun, just look on YouTube, as it usually destroys the bike too!!
So please don't even think about it....
regards
Andy
PS. I forgot to mention that you will be linking the batteries together, this could cause large currents to flow between them, if there is any charge difference, which could cause a fire as I mentioned above.....

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
At 1kg the fast charger is only marginally lighter than 2 compact chargers (2x600gms). It might be more convenient to do 2xcompact charge overnight, and not worry about waking. (??? possibly better for the batteries too ???)

D

Deleted member 25121

At 1kg the fast charger is only marginally lighter than 2 compact chargers (2x600gms). It might be more convenient to do 2xcompact charge overnight, and not worry about waking. (??? possibly better for the batteries too ???)
The Fast Charger 20% lighter and the same size as 2* Compact Chargers, smaller when you consider also the size of the mains leads and plugs. Pros and cons.....

Crossroads

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
If you charge them on the bike the first battery will charge , then the second battery, Status of both batteries will be displayed on the controller when fitted.