Dual-motor, dual-battery Grizzly offers a lot of ebike for the money!

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018

It will not appeal to all, and will probably need to be registered in the EU & UK. Perhaps someone here can clear up those thoughts?
The Grizzly carries a pair of Samsung-celled 52-V battery packs – one slung on the downtube, the other sandwiched into the parcel rack – for an impressive total capacity of 32 Ah, or 1,664 Wh. Ariel Rider says that's good for more than 75 miles (121 km), and if you keep it in pedal-assist mode we'd guess that figure should get a lot higher.
regards to all
Andy

Grizzly 1.jpg

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It will not appeal to all, and will probably need to be registered in the EU & UK. Perhaps someone here can clear up those thoughts?
Yes, definitely needs to be registered in the UK Andy.

They claim over 30mph which would mean as a motorcycle, but if a true 45kph / 28 mph it could be as an L1e-B moped anywhere in Europe including the UK.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Just as I thought.
But such a steed is not for me personally, I just thought it might prove interesting for Pedelec readers....
regards
Andy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Dual hub bike/moped which can be used with one or both hubs, it say's both hubs for to top speed. This is a yank bike so no classed as a moped over there but will be for other markets.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Indeed Andy, there are more than a few who wish it could be classed as an e-bike here!
I don't imagine that their wishes will come true, but someone posted some time ago, as to just how to get such a bike registered as a Moped I believe, probably flecc.
For those really interested, that cannot be that expensive..... Insurance, road tax and number plates, and proper helmets..... is my best guess.
Every (legal) motorbike rider is paying for these items, and probably much more than a fast e-bike as this is, costs with regard to such things, guessing only, but it won't be more!!....
regards to all
Andy

Reactions: flecc