Dual Motor eBike - Throttle option Bosch, Yamaha can?

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Picture of dual hub set up back and front wheel.

So my question is on a mid-drive BOSCH, Yamaha or Shimano Steps, could a hub motor be fitted to the front wheel with a throttle, if so how would battery and controller work?

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
What would be the point? You would go the same speed and drain the battery twice as fast. :confused:

Powerful for hills I'm guessing.

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
What would be the point? You would go the same speed and drain the battery twice as fast. :confused:

Powerful for hills I'm guessing.
Another point if there were 2 x 250w on one bike would it be viewed as a 500w from a legal standpoint?

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Again it's each to his own .. but I like the idea of going out knowing I will have to pedal it back no matter what. If I had a free ride button I would be tempted to use it.....
You can't beat being spoilt for choice. :)

Throttles are great for 'setting off' assistance.

D

Deleted member 4366

Here's a CD bike I built with an additional Q128 hub-motor in the front wheel. The controller is under the frame in front of the crank-motor. The Bosch battery probably doesn't give enough power to run two motors, so you'd need an additional battery mounted somewhere.

This bike has three motors running off two batteries and three controllers. It was like being shot from a gun when you opened up the throttle up a 15% hill (5.5kW):