Help! E 07 error shown - Excelvan Ebike

n0thappy

Just Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am (or actually my girlfriend is) the owner of a Chinese ebike that I bought on eBay. The bike was running fine, with her weight she managed to reach about 23 mph which was a really impressive speed for such a tiny machine.

Once she has told me that she hit the pothole and the bike started to suddenly run faster. A few weeks later while turning on, the bike has shown an E 07 error on the LCD screen, the motor made a silent squeak then the wheel started to spin for half a second then stopped. Every next attempt ended the same way.

I have read that this issue (e07) on some other bikes was related to a motor fault, then I noticed that people are replacing their hall sensors in order to fix it.

Once I opened the wheel and located the hall sensors, I tried to pull out one of them - came out from the inside easily, the second one - wires literally snapped, did not really need to apply any force they just came off.

The motor cover says SW-PY 36V14"250D 18103439

So here are my questions:
1) Is this issue going to be related to hall sensors?
2) What hall sensors should I replace my current ones with? The models are unreadable and all I can say is that the left and right ones are black and the middle one is white.

Attaching some pictures as well, hopefully, someone has seen that motor before or something.

I should also add that I am a complete newbie in a topic of brushless motors, so I may ask some dumb questions.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Most likely, the motor connector came out a bit.

There's no need to look inside the motor. There's nothing in there that would cause your problem. It's an electrical fault.

it might be worth looking at the motor cable where it exits the axle. Pull that spring thing up the cable so that you can see if the black plastic is breached.

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
Easiest way to tell if its just c connector come loose or a hall sensor issue is to to put back on the bike and spin the wheel

does it feel stiff and juddery?

if so check the phase wires are not shorted.

If not, spin it backwards and on the hall connector check the voltages of the hall sensors

Check with negative lead of multi-meter on black and positive lead on one sensor wire, spin backwards and see if the voltage swings from 0 - 5v or in between that.
do this on all sensors and if any show no swing in voltage then a hall sensor has gone.

I had a similar issue on a couple occasions, one time i blew a hall sensor so i replaced all 3, next time it happened i had water in my hall sensor connector ( i ride mine all year round to work and back)

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am (or actually my girlfriend is) the owner of a Chinese ebike that I bought on eBay. The bike was running fine, with her weight she managed to reach about 23 mph which was a really impressive speed for such a tiny machine.

Once she has told me that she hit the pothole and the bike started to suddenly run faster. A few weeks later while turning on, the bike has shown an E 07 error on the LCD screen, the motor made a silent squeak then the wheel started to spin for half a second then stopped. Every next attempt ended the same way.

I have read that this issue (e07) on some other bikes was related to a motor fault, then I noticed that people are replacing their hall sensors in order to fix it.

Once I opened the wheel and located the hall sensors, I tried to pull out one of them - came out from the inside easily, the second one - wires literally snapped, did not really need to apply any force they just came off.

The motor cover says SW-PY 36V14"250D 18103439

So here are my questions:
1) Is this issue going to be related to hall sensors?
2) What hall sensors should I replace my current ones with? The models are unreadable and all I can say is that the left and right ones are black and the middle one is white.

Attaching some pictures as well, hopefully, someone has seen that motor before or something.

I should also add that I am a complete newbie in a topic of brushless motors, so I may ask some dumb questions.

Looking at the photo one of the hall sensor wires has broken off

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

jabmesen

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 28, 2020
Easiest way to tell if its just c connector come loose or a hall sensor issue is to to put back on the bike and spin the wheel

If not, spin it backwards and on the hall connector check the voltages of the hall sensors

Check with negative lead of multi-meter on black and positive lead on one sensor wire, spin backwards and see if the voltage swings from 0 - 5v or in between that.
do this on all sensors and if any show no swing in voltage then a hall sensor has gone.

I had a similar issue on a couple occasions, one time i blew a hall sensor so i replaced all 3, next time it happened i had water in my hall sensor connector ( i ride mine all year round to work and back)

jabmesen

May 28, 2020

Hello

jabmesen

May 28, 2020
I have a similar issue....I need one of the middle hall sensors (curiously, its white and the other two are black?). can anyone tell me it's identity name/code? and or where to get it.
Many thanks in anticipation

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I wouldn't worry about the colour buy ss41 hall sensor off ebay.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't but it is a standard one used as arepkacement in a lot of motor hubs.