E-bike club Scotland

Ellababy1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 24, 2019
Hi
I was wondering if there was an e-bike club in Glasgow or the surrounding areas? If not, I would like to start one (help appreciated!) and to see if anybody was interested. Thanks:)
Best wishes,
Karen

Backpeddle

Aug 8, 2019
Hi
I might be interested in a club or group. If your starting a club I suggest that you base it on Meet up.

Once started the group would be announced to meet up members localy. In Scotland there are plenty other outdoor groups, there would probably be some interest from these. Members would receive notification of the new group, could be thousands of people contacted.

There is a cost involved in running a group through meet up however it would reach out to people, easier than word of mouth but still would take some effort as you still have to plan and organise regular bike runs.

As far as groups in existence now, there are none at the moment on meetup in the UK, never mind Glasgow based solely on e-bikes. There may be sub groups of regular cycling clubs but they would not be easy to spot.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Clubs always cost money/fees/subs and then committee's :eek:.
If in to face thingy then post on their with a club name or try a What's up group.
Put something in the local rag.

Ellababy1

Nov 24, 2019
Hi,
Thank you for your replies. It's a bit daunting but I would hope to get help organising. I had been thinking of Meet up. I think I might give a try and see what happens

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i went on a club ride with a local bike shop but at first said no as had a mtb and could only go 15mph and they had drop bar race bikes for road riding but i said i had a dongle so could keep up.

i never seen any of them after 5 miles pmsl :p

Ellababy1

Nov 24, 2019
Hi,
Thank you for your replies. It's a bit daunting but I would hope to get help organising. I had been thinking of Meet up. I think I might give a try an
i went on a club ride with a local bike shop but at first said no as had a mtb and could only go 15mph and they had drop bar race bikes for road riding but i said i had a dongle so could keep up.

i never seen any of them after 5 miles pmsl :p

Ellababy1

Nov 24, 2019
Hi Raboa. That would be great, thanks. I will be in touch if I can get the battery to work. Was overseas for a few months and worried I wont be able to recharge battery. Will post on forum for help but will be in touch if I can fix this. Thank you !

ChrisGla

Sep 3, 2017
Glasgow, UK
I’d like to get back into a “club” again for social rides in New Year.

I was in one of the Glasgow Meetup groups before I went electric.

If you’re looking for some help setting up might be worth asking at:-
There aren’t too many rides there and maybe they”d consider letting you just add electric rides to the others.

If you need some help feel free to PM me.

coedjo

Oct 22, 2020
I'm ready to organise ebike rides in central Scotland.....anybody interested?

coedjo

Oct 22, 2020
When the lockdown eases we’ll be able to organise rides.... the “Lets Ride” website could be used to host rides. I already have a cycling group on there. Let me know if your interested ... it could be Scotland’s first.

coedjo

Oct 22, 2020
I’ve requested a place on Let’s Ride.... I’ve named it E-Scot .... I’ll let you know if it’s accepted

coedjo

Oct 22, 2020
Website has been approved ( default location is Stirling) .. now we need members to make it work