E-Bike Of The Year 2009?

C

Cyclezee

It's that time again. As we approach the end of 2009, I think now is probably a good time to start the poll again with some changes this year. This year there will two categories.

First category, NEW E-BIKE, i.e. any new e-bike currently available on the market, not just the latest crop of 2009 models.
N.B.You do not have to own the bike you vote for!

Second category, KIT BIKE, i.e. a kit bike that you or someone else has built or assembled.

Voting starts now
Voting ends 24.00 on 31/12/2009

I'm hoping this will give a wider choice for voters and increase the number of votes substantially.

A reminder of last year’s outcome:

The winner for 2008 is the Kalkhoff Agattu with 13 votes

· In second place the Cytronex Trek with 6 votes
· Third comes the Kalkhoff Pro Connect with 3 votes

The following bikes received 1 vote each, Wisper 905se, Ezee Torq Trekking, Galileo MTB, Voyager, Optibike, Kalkhoff Tasman, Ezee Forza.

What does this tell us? The first thing you can't fail to notice is that over 3,500 people read the thread, 1,841 members were eligible to vote only 29 did so, that equals a 1.6% turn out:(

The other unmistakable fact is that Kalkhoff took 62% of the vote. Also worthy of note is Cytronex with basically one model, but taking 21% of the vote after less than one year in business.

J:) hn

Last edited by a moderator:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Well the best E-Bike of the year is the one I own and ride at the moment.

Next year I will mosty likely have another one, so that will either be the best one or the one I am riding at the moment will be.

Seriously I think most people will vote for the bike they currently own or the one they want to buy next.

So in many cases the which bike do you own will probably have a very simlar result.

Its late I need to go to bed :eek:

PS There you go http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/4-make-electric-bike-do-you-own.html#post5

The best ebike of the year is "other" :p

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
No Daniel, they are pants though next year I may have changed my mind ;)

Nite all lol

Jerry

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Seriously I think most people will vote for the bike they currently own or the one they want to buy next.

So in many cases the which bike do you own will probably have a very simlar result.

Fair point Jerry. I agree, thus why I replied with a humorous sarcastic tone :p
(hopefully it came across this way :) )

Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
No Daniel, they are pants though next year I may have changed my mind ;)
LOL :p
I think I'll hold onto my Bafang-powered mini-beast for a little while. I have a few more tweaks in mind that will keep me busy next year :D

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I dont get this "the bike I am currently riding is the best" attitude

You drive a Ford or VW and you know very well there are lots of far better cars on the road. Something Swiss or maybe an optibike or other high end machine

Last edited:

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.

You drive a Ford or VW and you know very well there are lots of far better cars on the road. Something Swiss or maybe an optibike or other high end machine
I agree, I would vote for the Optibike, it looks like an absolute hoot on and off road and I have been waiting for the price to come down, but it never will sadly :confused: so I bought a Cytronex and I am over the moon with it, so now I am doubly confused as to where to place my vote :confused: :confused:

The Cytronex gets my vote, as it's easily available from Winchester.

Last edited:

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough

Not having ridden any other brands I haven't a clue what is best and I imagine most people have the same problem, might be why there were so few votes last year.

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
Wish list? :)
I would love a Wisper 806fe folder .... but can't justify it.
It ticks all the right boxes (for me) but I've never ridden one, so I can't say for sure :(

Edit:

NEW BIKE .... Wisper 806fe
KIT BIKE .... mine if I could iron out all the bugs ;)

-----------------------------------------------
Bike #1
Cougar Mountain Electric Bike 36v 200w rear wheel Hub motor (Jul07)
fitted with 10 Ah LiFePo4 battery (Apr08)
Maximum range (road/hills - Cornwall) 18 miles
Maximum range (on flat) 25 miles

Bike #2
20 year old 18 gear mountain bike 36v 500w Goldenmotor front hub motor (Jun 09)
fitted with 9 AH diy rack-pack or 15 AH SLA (depending on trip).
Used off road

Last edited:

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
eZee Forza

Last year I did not vote because, like others I had not tried any other new bikes

But now I have so. for

Speed
Robustness
Hill climbing ability

the eZee Forza

C

Cyclezee

Difficult to choose, I can understand that if you haven't ridden many or any e-bikes. You could base your decision on articles you have read or other peoples experiences perhaps.

Could I just ask voters to state at the end of a post:

NEW BIKE *******

KIT BIKE *******

This will make it easier to add the total when the poll closes.

Thanks

J:) hn

Last edited by a moderator:

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
Are we voting in the thread or will there be an actuall poll?

If in the thread I vote Wisper 905 SE Sport

Edit: In that case

NEW BIKE Wisper 905 SE Sport

KIT BIKE No idea!

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
NEW BIKE.....Kalkhoff Agattu

Kit Bike......don't know

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009
I would have said my Cytronex Trek 7.3fx but since that's no longer sold I'll have to go with the Cytronex Claud Butler Urban 500 which is its closest equivalent from the current line-up.

I've not (yet) tried any other electric bikes but the Cytronex bike has completely met my hopes and expectations in terms of range, reliability, level of assistance etc.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Last edited: