E-Bike Rolling Road !!

cannon

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
I saw this on my YouTube feed and thought it may be of interest..... and a bit of fun once testing starts.

Ray, who made the rolling road, is a bit of a tinkerer and has done a few conversions before.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Got half way through listening to the 'expert' Ray, had to give up watching, was doing my head in

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's always nice to see people experimenting and sharing their experience, but it was all a bit superficial. Our man Ray didn't seem to have a good knowledge about ebike conversions, so overall the video is a bit misleading. I can imagine that he's pretty practical and a lot of fun to work with, but they shouldn't present him as the fountain of knowledge for such stuff when he clearly doesn't have a lot of eperience. It makes me feel a bit negative towards them.

There's no way that the front hub is going to compete with the rear on a fire trail. My first ebike had a front motor, and I loved it for 2000 miles, but I'd never have another one if I could avoid it. I see that bike conveniently had steel front forks, which are perfect. He didn't mention any of the safety aspects and limitations of fitting a front motor as a kit. It's going to be sort of funny if the drop-outs pop when he transfers the motor to the bike with aluminium forks, though we'll probably never know, except maybe if the there's different forks next time we see that bike.

I look forward to seeing his 2-wheel drive. I hope he does a bit of research on this forum to find out how to do it properly. I've got a feeling that it's going to be terrible, though I hope not.

To summarise, it's a nice fun video and so will be the next one, but they should concentrate on promoting that they did it just for fun as amateiurs, not as a how to do it video.

cannon

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
In past videos the presenter does and continues to push the dialog along far too quickly for most and details are missed etc. but it is usually fun to watch.