E-bike settings

Wallybok

Just Joined
Sep 28, 2020
Hi there, I'm a newbie on electric bikes and I would like some help to understand some settings I have available to set.
Can anyone explain some of the more odd settings?38505Screenshot_20200928_120426.jpg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
None of them look odd to me!

In fact anybody that can see some as odd probably wouldn't be able to explain what they are. I guess that's your problem.

Last edited:

Wallybok

Just Joined
Sep 28, 2020
It is my problem cos I'm not familiar to some, for instance I don't know what is P4, P5 and P6 can anyone explain? Thanks

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
magnet settings are used when there's a crank sensor, different ones have more or fewer magnets, some just have a single magnet and sensor on the back wheel. probably doesn't need changing. Not sure about 6, probably how quick the assist kicks in when movement sensed by magnets.
Await a proper explanation form a competent adult though!

ps, save your original configuration if you are fiddling about, either write it all down or export it to a laptop, if you are fiddling using a USB lead and program on laptop.

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
I assume P6 is the relation of the assist settings to the assist given.
So 1 could kick in at 10% assist if you wanted, it could kick in at 30% if you wanted , for example. Usually I expect, they would go up in roughly the same increments eg 1 = 20%, 5= 100%

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
P4 is the number of magnets in the pedal sensor. You have to count them or read the listing from where you bought it to get the number.
P5 is the number of magnets in the speed sensor. A wheel magnet sensor is obviously 1. The ones in the motor are mainly 1, but can be 6. When you set it to 1 and the LCD shows your speed as 100mph, you need to set it to 6.
P6 is the ramp up of power when you start to pedal. The lower the setting, the longer it takes for the power to ramp up to maximum.

Wallybok

Just Joined
Sep 28, 2020
Great it makes sense, what about the current limit? Should I fidle with it? I would like to get a bit more power...
I've also tried to change the speed limit but nothing has changed, I imagine is due to the controller.