e-bike too expensive..solution found

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
slightly off topic, well any topic that is other then to say even for someone like me who has not had an electric bike now for several months and probably will not get another i still like to constantly log in to this forum as a very friendly site and i still like a lot to look at new bikes and developments..... i can certainly see why people join forums as you get to chat about something of interest to you and avoid the foul mouth yobs on other open sites with no particular topic of general interest...
as for title heading...as some may remember i was extremely interested in a bike to get me the 43 miles to my g/f's in doncaster..its not that far as a flat route and just turning the pedals over is easy enough, but also the exercise was important and timewise would be no longer then the 3 hours it takes me now with bus/train/bus/walk....but three hurdles was always in my way..1) its ok being flat but winter and cold icy weather would make it an miserable trip in winter,that with the early dark nights...2)although just over 2 and a half hours pedaling with assistance isnt a problem its the drain afterwards which makes a mess if i had then to go to work..3) and most importantly the cost...i had after making a few messes with cheaper second hand bikes found that a)with the amount i had wasted with half a dozen second hand bikes just to find the answer to my needs had cost me the price of the right bike.. b) by the time i had found the right bike,the plunging pound and economy coupled with(a) meant i could not afford the cost which with mods and extras ect would be £2000 at least...

then the solution although staring me in the face for a month suddenly was visable to my eyes......i bought the house that was for sale next door to my g/f...:rolleyes: ...and after weeks and weeks of solicitor's finding all sorts of reasons to hold me up..today im moving in as soon as van appears.....so with need for electric bike gone thats my searching done..BUT i will continue to keep logging in here as have lost none of the pleasure in reading reviews, looking at peoples posted pictures, and the banter that goes with it.... i may still mod my brompton with a nano....when i find out what one is..hahah..as that bit of help is always a pleasure in head wind or when me old legs are tireing....
thanks to all who answered my questions when asked and i look forward to continue reading your posts..
regards keith

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
but what are you going to do for exercise I wonder.....:)

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Keith,
A bike was too expensive so you bought a house... Hmm - I'm sure there's logic in it somewhere!
Congratulations on your lateral thinking, Keith!

C

Cyclezee

Hi Keith,

Missing you:( Your charger is still going strong.............battery charger that is;)

J:) hn