E-bike under 2k - Cycle2Work

Josu

Just Joined
May 31, 2022
Hello, can you please help me with buying ebike from Cycle2Work scheme?
I have limit of 2k, and retailers not allowing to add cash on top of voucher
Best what i found is Carrera Crossfuse
I am heave person - 140kg. Bike limit is 120, but hope this won't be issue as i am riding for while normal bike and no issues from my weight

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
We need a little more info really to help. How fit are you? How much assistance do you expect from the bike? How far do you intend to ride each ride, and how regularly? What sort of riding (road, good cycle paths, tracks, real off-road, how hilly)? Do you want to do your own maintenance?

Josu

Just Joined
May 31, 2022
We need a little more info really to help. How fit are you? How much assistance do you expect from the bike? How far do you intend to ride each ride, and how regularly? What sort of riding (road, good cycle paths, tracks, real off-road, how hilly)? Do you want to do your own maintenance?
I expect mostly a lot assistance on the hills, flat terrain is ok for me, but hills is complicated. Max ride what i would do will be maybe 50 miles, but on daily basis maybe 10 - 15 miles not more with couple of hills but they ok for me. And routes are from Cycle routes or decent asphalt surface
About maintenance, to be honest i prefer give to experts. I have no knowledge :(

Josu

Just Joined
May 31, 2022
So far best what i can see is Cannondale Trail Neo 4 and Haibike HardSeven 7
Don't know which to choose, really hard :( But Cannonadale and Hibike for me looking the best.
One has bosch motor, other has better for and battery and price

Robert Chappell

Just Joined
May 10, 2016
London, UK
Cycle2work scheme helps people to buy a new bicycle by saving a lot of money. To encourage more cycling, the government has created a tax break to save money on the cost of a bike and accessories. On Your Bike provides the cycle2work scheme for all the cycle users. They sell different kinds of e-bikes and mountain bikes. Those who are UK PAYE taxpayers can join this scheme.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am heave person - 140kg. Bike limit is 120, but hope this won't be issue as i am riding for while normal bike and no issues from my weight
I would recommend a crank drive bike or convert your bike with a crank drive kit. Rear hub motors have a problem with breaking spokes which is worsened with the weight of the rider. Your weight needs a large motor which need thicker spokes and thicker spokes are not as elastic as thin spokes so will break more easily.
The alternative to avoid breaking spokes is a front hub motor like the Bafang BPM and a bike with suspension fork.
If your scheme does not allow you to buy a bike and/or a kit, check the list of schemes I work with, they will let you.