e-ST100 Rockrider

Zarjaz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2020
After a 4 week wait, I've just picked up my new e-ST100. I didn't receive any manuals with it. I've found online manuals for many other Decathlon pedelecs, but not the e-ST100 - not in English anyway!

Does anyone know where I can find the mechanical and electronic manuals?

gsm.terra

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2020
Edinburgh
I could only find Spanish manuals, although the e-st 500 is similar, only difference I can see is that your bike has a cadence sensor as opposed to torque sensor on the 500? I hope this is of help!

akcapped

Just Joined
Nov 22, 2020
After a 4 week wait, I've just picked up my new e-ST100. I didn't receive any manuals with it. I've found online manuals for many other Decathlon pedelecs, but not the e-ST100 - not in English anyway!

Does anyone know where I can find the mechanical and electronic manuals?

You can find the Owner's/Users Manual here, in English:

It's worth noting that Decathlon does not make the English Users Manual available. There must be a good reason, but it's frustrating.

After searching for weeks, and contacting Decathlon, only to get no help or the wrong manuals, I translated the Users Manual into English, cross-checking against the manuals in German, French and Italian (my wife is French, I speak German, and we live in Italy).

The above linked file also includes the Quick Start Page -- its only a single page, but is pretty handy.
The file also contains the full specifications for the bike, as well as photos.

Sribd.com is a pretty good host for things like this. The file is available for download; they may ask you to upload a useful document in order to be able to download this manual.

PCM

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can find the Owner's/Users Manual here, in English:

It's worth noting that Decathlon does not make the English Users Manual available. There must be a good reason, but it's frustrating.

After searching for weeks, and contacting Decathlon, only to get no help or the wrong manuals, I translated the Users Manual into English, cross-checking against the manuals in German, French and Italian (my wife is French, I speak German, and we live in Italy).

The above linked file also includes the Quick Start Page -- its only a single page, but is pretty handy.
The file also contains the full specifications for the bike, as well as photos.

Sribd.com is a pretty good host for things like this. The file is available for download; they may ask you to upload a useful document in order to be able to download this manual.

PCM
It's against the law in the UK for any dealer to sell an electric bike without a user manual covering these things. If you get a bike without a manual, you should demand that the dealer provide it and point out their obligations under EN15194:

a) preparation for riding — how to measure and adjust the saddle height and handlebar height to suit the rider, with an explanation of the insertion-depth warning marks on the seat-pillar and the handlebar-stem, and clear information on which levers operate the front brake and which lever operates the rear brake;
b) recommended tightening of fasteners related to handlebar, handlebar-stem, saddle and seatpillar, and wheels;
c) the method for determining the correct adjustment of wheel quick-release mechanisms, such as, “the mechanism should emboss the fork ends when closed to the locked position”;
d) the correct assembly of any parts supplied unassembled;
e) the permissible total weight of the rider and luggage;
f) lubrication — where and how often to lubricate, and recommended lubricant;
g) the correct chain tension and how to adjust this;
h) adjustment of gears;
i) adjustment of brakes and recommendations for replacement of the friction components;
j) care of the wheel-rims and a clear explanation of any danger of rim-wear;
k) appropriate spares, i.e. tyres, tubes, brake friction components;
l) accessories — where these are offered as fitted, details should be included such as operation, maintenance required (if any) and relevant spares (e. g. light-bulbs);
m) safe riding — regular checks on brakes, tyres, steering, caution concerning possible increased braking distance in wet weather;
n) the type of use for which the bicycle has been designed (i. e. the type of terrain for which it is suitable) with a warning against the hazards of incorrect use;
o) an advisory note to draw attention to the rider concerning possible national legal requirements when the bicycle is to be ridden on public roads (e.g. lightning and reflectors);
p) the importance of using genuine replacement parts for safety-critical components.
q) Concept and description of electric assistance;
r) Recommendation for washing;
s) Control and tell tales;
t) Specific EPAC recommendations for use;
u) Specific EPAC warnings;
v) Recommendations about battery charging and charger use as well use as well as the importance of following the instruction contained on the label of the battery charger.

Reactions: gsm.terra

Zarjaz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2020
Against the law or not, this is what Decathlon do.

Many thanks to PCM, above, for taking time to translate other the German/French/Italian manuals into English. This is very, very helpful! :)

Reactions: gsm.terra