"EatSleepRIDE" Free App for IOS and Android.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
This may prove interesting for any rider who goes well off road, who risks a fall (even ON road!), as its a free App, that will after a short period, alert up to 3 people by their phones, to the fact that the rider's phone has noticed an "abrupt event" possibly a crash or a fall, and the phone alarm has sounded and the rider has not cancelled it within 3 minutes!

As the ad says, it does not matter WHAT you ride!

<Happy Mother's Day to all

Andy

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
Reviews on both iOS & Android show 3.1 stars. Not forgetting it's not possible to give 0 stars, so that's really 2.1 / 4 stars. Roughly 50% of customers aren't impressed. If that was a bike shop it would go bust.

I like the idea, and the developer bothers to answer reviews which is always a good indication of care, but the app dosan't appear to be polished enough to be worth paying for. Cost is $14.99 per annum, it says in one of the reviews.

Similar apps are available.
This one is again struggling to get out of the 3.x star ratings:

This one has much better reviews than the above two:

But even that one has significant problems. Example review:
NOT recommended!!! I just bought the pro version to test it for a week. The first false alarm was triggered after 30 min by turning right to stop at a gas station... My mum & the emergency got notified about my "accident"... I did not abort it as I could not hear the alarm of my stashed phone... Really love the idea BUT the implemention is sadly very poor (speaking as a software engineer)...

Berserks

Just Joined
May 20, 2021
Did you say it's free? Well, how is it possible to be free if it's $14.99, lol. I didn't try it yet, and I don't know if I will. Cause I see a lot of bad reviews online and even here in the comment section. I also agree that the idea is great, so maybe in the future when the app will be polished enough, I will try it myself. Right now I don't even know if I could use it, cause I and technology are at two different poles. Yesterday I looked up on https://myhow.org/ for how to search by image on google, sooo...