EBC Ltd rear hub 500w 36v 13ah kit

Mokero

Just Joined
Aug 31, 2016
Manchester
Hi all.

Ive been lurking on here some time and thanks to all the great advice decided to buy the hub rear kit from electric bicycle conversions Ltd. The kit was £420 delivered. I fitted the kit to a cannondale quick sl1 bike. Installation was pretty straight forward and i spent the weekend testing it out. Now to be fair I live in a hilly part of the world and was dubious as to how this kit would perform. All I can say is wow! on my 3rd outing, I whacked up the pedal assist to 5 and did over 3000ft of climbing, most of it at 14/15 mph. Its amazing and has reignited my love of cycling. You come back feeling pumped and full of energy. As a 30 odd year old parent of small children, this isn't always the case. ebc have provided invaluable support and the kit arrived within 24 hours of ordering

My advice for anyone who like me lurks out there thinking of getting an ebike but is not sure, is just do it. You'll not regret it. I promise!

Attachments

Reactions: damian

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
Good work!, sounds like you're having fun.

I use mine mainly for work and it makes it much more enjoyable, especially on the way home!.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi mokero it is fun to ride at level 5 (I have the ebc 250w rear hub) but normal pootle around at 12mph level 2 get about 43miles out of battery on level terrain.

just wondering what range from the 13ah with your 500w vertion

Mokero

Just Joined
Aug 31, 2016
Manchester
hi mokero it is fun to ride at level 5 (I have the ebc 250w rear hub) but normal pootle around at 12mph level 2 get about 43miles out of battery on level terrain.

just wondering what range from the 13ah with your 500w vertion
Maximum range so far has been 23 miles with maximum assist . That was the ride above. The battery was intermittently cutting out at the top of the last hill though.

Having said that I've only been out 4 times so far.