Ebco m45 help please

Kneebiker

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2021
Hi everyone

Cheers for the addition to the forum.

I've built a few cheap conversions with front hubs a long time ago and did Bafang mid drive a few years back.

I'm now trying to help a mates wife with her bike as the ebike "expert" in our social circle! (I'm so not but all is relative!)

She has a ebco m45 which is playing up and won't work. The basic led panel is clearly flashing an error code sequence but I can't find an online manual to decipher it for love nor money!

Might anyone be able to help me? I

Thank you
Naz

Kneebiker

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2021
This is the only panel and it flashes a 4 shape sequence including H and 0

Ill try a video in the morning if the site takes them

D

Deleted member 33385

Chinese parts do seem to have very hard to track down error codes. If you're very lucky, it'll be a dodgy lead (check, especially the ends) or corroded contacts in the connectors (use contact cleaner and then dry). If not, check the battery for voltage and if that is ok, look for water damage to the controller.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
That looks like a Tranzx DP27 display; it's a CANbus system. Apart from the mini USB socket on the display, there's a fault diagnostic socket behind the end panel on the rack battery for connecting to a dealer laptop. AFAIK, the entire bike was made by Tranzx (IIRC part of their "Mavis" range) and only branded Ebco in the UK market. My guess is you'll probably need a dealer to run their diagnostic tests.

Reactions: Kneebiker

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Pretty sure those codes only apply to the DP15/16 LCD display (not the OP's DP27), which can be used to run basic diagnostics on the display itself without the laptop. The Tranzx laptop diagnostics are very Bosch - display, motor, controller, pedal/speed sensor, battery BMS and it prints out a full hard copy report... and uploads new firmware too.

There is a link on the Raleigh site to access/download and install the Tranzx Logix diagnostic software c/w passwords, but I don't think that link works anymore. Halfords used to sell the M35/M45 I think, so they might have it.

Kneebiker

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2021
The tiny panel flashes "H" then "o" and then "t"

But not in that order, o then h then t

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
At the risk of asking the obvious, did you check the battery voltage (in case the bike has been unused for a while), and the motor connector etc is properly inserted? It's an F15 front hub isn't it?

I'm personally doubtful that you're going to get any useful diagnostic info from the limited 2-digit "88" LED display as the DP27/motor/battery/controller all relies on CANbus comms. The DP16 - being a "KT3 size" of LCD - does do proper error codes, but even then it's simply "Motor fault - replace the motor". It's not really that helpful! If the "0Hot" is some sort of meaningful error code, you could try emailing J D Components' technical boffins (Tranzx's main depot/service centre) in Frankfurt?

Kneebiker

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2021
At the risk of asking the obvious, did you check the battery voltage (in case the bike has been unused for a while), and the motor connector etc is properly inserted? It's an F15 front hub isn't it?

I'm personally doubtful that you're going to get any useful diagnostic info from the limited 2-digit "88" LED display as the DP27/motor/battery/controller all relies on CANbus comms. The DP16 - being a "KT3 size" of LCD - does do proper error codes, but even then it's simply "Motor fault - replace the motor". It's not really that helpful! If the "0Hot" is some sort of meaningful error code, you could try emailing J D Components' technical boffins (Tranzx's main depot/service centre) in Frankfurt?
Voltage is fine on the battery at 41.8 and isn't losing voltage if left overnight. So I think it's ok

It is a front hub, yes. And I've tried the usual connections (well unplug, clean and plug back in!)

Thanks for the tip on the email to boffins, great idea

D

Deleted member 33385

Halfords sold EBCO bikes:

... might be worth asking if they have the diagnostic software.

There's also EBCO:

Last edited:

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Other than talking to Tranzx or hooking the bike up to the diagnostic software, I'm out of ideas.

But I wonder if your DP27 does the little boot-up "dance" first before displaying "0Hot", or does it just go straight to the error?

Kneebiker

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2021
Other than talking to Tranzx or hooking the bike up to the diagnostic software, I'm out of ideas.

But I wonder if your DP27 does the little boot-up "dance" first before displaying "0Hot", or does it just go straight to the error?

Really appreciate all the help from everyone!

Actually it does do the the little dance first!

But only holds on the initial 0 for a few seconds before going into the error code on repeat

Sounds like I need a dealer or the diagnostic software on my laptop to get much further