Ebco tr60 battery/connection issue

mark81

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 17, 2017
Northants
I've only had this bike since Thursday and whilst being impressed with it, I had an issue the first time I reconnected the battery to the bike - the bike wouldn't switch on. I tried again several times and eventually it did work.

After that things seemed to be OK, until this morning when I reconnected the battery again and it wouldn't work. Pressing the button on the battery showed no lights so my first thought was that the battery was depleted, despite it showing full charge when I took it off last night. I connected the battery to the charger again and the lights came back on, this time showing full charge. I connected the battery again and it worked perfectly.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

D

Deleted member 4366

We need more information:
Is it a new bike?
What do you mean by it worked perfectly? Could it pull you up a steep hill and give power for 40 miles?

mark81

Nov 17, 2017
Northants
Yes, brand new only bought on Thursday.
I haven't tested the range yet but it can certainly pull me up a steep hill and the range shown on the display seems spot on.

D

Deleted member 4366

If it's a new bike, you need to discuss that problem with the vendor. Clearly, there's something wrong - either the battery or what you're doing with it. Please let us know what they say.

mark81

Nov 17, 2017
Northants
I've just been out on it again and no issues whatsoever, so I'll keep an eye on it to see if it occurs again.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I would be inclined to take it back and explain the issues.
It could be an iffy wire connection the battery/switch.

mark81

Nov 17, 2017
Northants
I did take it back but was told to just leave my details and someone would call me, which they didn't.

Since then though the issue hasn't recurred so I'm thinking it may have been user error when sliding the battery in.

Either way I still have the 6 week check and I'll talk to them about it then.

Thanks for all the replies

Advertisers