Ebike at Local Auction .

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
In our small market town of Boston , we have a junk auction in the market place every wednesday . There are always about twenty bikes for auction , the majority being kids bikes and mountain bikes . These often sell at quite low prices , like kids bikes a fiver , and mountain bikes £10 and up . Many of the bidders are dealers , both official and black economy . Today , unusually , there was an ebike . Under the terms of the auction , you buy what you see , no comeback .This bike was in very good cosmetic condition , and the auctioneer showed a receipt for about £90 for new batteries having been fitted . It said 3 batteries , so I assume 36 volt lead acid .It had a centre stand which lifted the rear wheel clear of the ground , and the autioneer demonstrated it working in "moped " mode . The make was Electroped , and the model , Leader . The bidding started at £100 , and was sold at £175 ,plus commission , making a total of£195 . It may have had other faults that were not readily apparent , but I think the guy got a bargain .I reckon it would have fetched more on Ebay . I felt sorry for the bike , the buyer looked to be about 25 stone . What do you think about the price ?