ebike battery as a powerpack?

SanSan

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2019
A bit of a techy question- we are moving to an eco-cottage soon and I wondered if the bosh ebike powerpacks could be used as a power source.

We have a sine invertor but is there a way to "fool" the powerpack into delivering power whilst off the bike??

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Not easily because they don't switch on until they've done the necessary hand-shaking with the motor controller. Most of the batteries in Chinese bikes would work.

SanSan

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2019
Not easily because they don't switch on until they've done the necessary hand-shaking with the motor controller. Most of the batteries in Chinese bikes would work.
mmm, I see this maybe more complex than i thought, we have a spare bosh controller "intuvia" but I think this may be out in boffin/guru land, possibly an "arduino" CAN bus project...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the bosch batts have a smart bms if you start messing with it and it looses power the hole pack will be dead and wont work on the bike anymore.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The intuvia is the display and interface, not the controller itself. As vfr400 says, much more difficult with Bosch. Even difficult as an arduino project as the handshakes between motor/controller/display are proprietary and not publicly documented.