Ebike for a disabled rider

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
I am now disabled, with Parkinson's Disease and hemianopia, (faulty eyesight) and I need a lighter ebike with a throttle. Any suggestions please? Throttle or hub gears are essential for starts on inclines.

PS: I am 5 ft 6, and throttle might have to be twist and go. Bike with rack and lights? MTB specs, not road.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'm really sad to hear that, Perseus. Age gets us all eventually.

The throttle is going to be hard to find, as most bikes have either done away with them or fixed them at 6km/hr. Unless Woosh can come up with something, your best hope would be to see what's on Ebay.

This one looks pretty good, though I've never tried it. 48v will give the extra torque you need for running with just the throttle. The 624wh battery will help too, plus hydraulic brakes.

Reactions: Perseus

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
I'm really sad to hear that, Perseus. Age gets us all eventually.

The throttle is going to be hard to find, as most bikes have either done away with them or fixed them at 6km/hr. Unless Woosh can come up with something, your best hope would be to see what's on Ebay.

This one looks pretty good, though I've never tried it. 48v will give the extra torque you need for running with just the throttle. The 624wh battery will help too, plus hydraulic brakes.