Help! Ebike for Fibromyalgia / ME

GiddyKippa

Just Joined
Dec 31, 2020
Hi, I currently have a Pendleton E-Bike which was my first ebike purchase. I love it but I've got to the stage I would like to upgrade. I have fibro & ME and at the moment tend to need the "assist" part on high which cuts down on the milage I get from the battery (1 get about 20miles with my current bike after a full charge).

I've looked at the Santana 3, Wisper 705 and the Linaria from Juicy but feel a bit stuck making a choice as I'm just going on what I'm reading and my minimal experience with my current bike.

I live in rural Dorset with lots of hills, muddy lanes and uneven farm tracks so ideally would like something that is upto that environment combined with a good motor and 16Ah battery.

Any advice / feedback / recommendations would be very gratefully received.

:)

D

Deleted member 33385

Hi, I currently have a Pendleton E-Bike which was my first ebike purchase. I love it but I've got to the stage I would like to upgrade. I have fibro & ME and at the moment tend to need the "assist" part on high which cuts down on the milage I get from the battery (1 get about 20miles with my current bike after a full charge).

I've looked at the Santana 3, Wisper 705 and the Linaria from Juicy but feel a bit stuck making a choice as I'm just going on what I'm reading and my minimal experience with my current bike.

I live in rural Dorset with lots of hills, muddy lanes and uneven farm tracks so ideally would like something that is upto that environment combined with a good motor and 16Ah battery.

Any advice / feedback / recommendations would be very gratefully received.

:)
It's good that you're aiming to buy a high capacity battery, because range anxiety is the last thing you need if you have ME! I recommend a kit because you can customise (or have the bike customised) to suit virtually any environment and you can install pretty huge batteries, but the viability of installing an ebike kit to a good quality donor bike depends on how handy you are with tools, or the availability of someone locally who can install a kit for you. I can't normally cope with hills at my age - any hill is far too much hill! But after changing how the motor behaves at different PAS levels on my ebike kit motor, no hill is safe! And that's the other advantage with Bafang ebike kits - you're not stuck with whatever your bike manufacturer thinks is best. Plus when things break down, you can replace just those bits and not have to ditch the whole bike, or sections of the bike, because the manufacturer no longer supplies the spares, or they're unavailable at a reasonable cost.

But a ready-made off the shelf bike is a much simpler proposition.