Ebike lighting

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
Good afternoon to all. Quick question would i be able to run 2 led units each containing 9 smaller leds rated at 9v to 85v per unit off a 36v battery without the use of a fuse. If possible tap straight into the battery via the discharge red and black wires and put my own on/off switch in the mix?.
Thanks.
Andy

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Yes, I did just that, with appropriate led lamps to cope with 36v. I have a master switch then a fuse before splitting that feed to lights, horn and USB socket. Horn and lights then have separate switch each. I don't understand why you don't want a fuse? Micro blade fuse in rubber holder is very small, necessary imho. The master switch isn't obvious, it disconnects all the gadget feeds and also wandering scrotes can't put my lights on or beep the horn when it's parked up.

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
Yes, I did just that, with appropriate led lamps to cope with 36v. I have a master switch then a fuse before splitting that feed to lights, horn and USB socket. Horn and lights then have separate switch each. I don't understand why you don't want a fuse? Micro blade fuse in rubber holder is very small, necessary imho. The master switch isn't obvious, it disconnects all the gadget feeds and also wandering scrotes can't put my lights on or beep the horn when it's parked up.
Ive P.M'd you Jim

Advertisers