Ebikes

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
If this pandemic lasts as long as they’ve predicted an electric bike is going to be so useful in slipping through the crackdown silently

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
If this pandemic lasts as long as they’ve predicted an electric bike is going to be so useful in slipping through the crackdown silently
Why? Just to catch and distribute the virus faster and further?o_O
My personal view is that might be considered a really bad idea.
Why not try following the experts advice, and to not do anything to make matters even worse than they are, is a far better and safer idea, for humanity as a whole...
Its called taking responsibility for all your own actions!

• :D
Reactions: dr bob and POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Why not try following the experts advice, and to not do anything to make matters even worse than they are, is a far better and safer idea, for humanity as a whole...
we have to take precautions for may be a year to two years until a vaccine is added to our annual flu jab.
You can't stay confined to your house all that time.
Consider the risk you take sharing a public transport, going to the supermarket, doctor surgery, pharmacy, post office, bank, public toilets etc wherever there are people in the same room.
Viewed in this context, e-bikes give better average person to person distance than normal bikes and cars before taxis, buses and trains.

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
That is the experts view at the moment to exercise and keep fit. It’s the old, those with underlying health issues etc whi suffer but apparently the fitter you are the better the chance of surviving it.
we are all going to get it at some stage.

Reactions: POLLY and Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I will still use my e - pushbikes.
It is transport to work ( I'm in the key worker group), also will use it towing my trailer to deliver food/provisions for the wife and her 94 y/o granny (soon to be 95 next week).
I have livestock locally so they need attending to prevent unnecessary suffering/hardship.

If peeps have a good reason to be out I don't think you will be prevented of stopped, by whom who knows as there simply very little or no law enforcement on the roads/streets.

If I get a chance I will get out for solo bikes rides as well.

Reactions: Bobajob and Woosh
D

Deleted member 25121

If there is a lock-down, which seems likely because far too many people are behaving irresponsibly:
then why would you try to evade it?

Reactions: dr bob and Andy-Mat

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A lock down will certainly occur in the metropolises but though with a good reason should be able to go about their way.
For instance getting a food delivery on line at the mo is impossible.
So shopping by person for the elderly/infirmed or isolated ones is needed at times, locally cycling is easier then going by car.

D

Deleted member 25121

A lock down will certainly occur in the metropolises but though with a good reason should be able to go about their way.
For instance getting a food delivery on line at the mo is impossible.
So shopping by person for the elderly/infirmed or isolated ones is needed at times, locally cycling is easier then going by car.
No, the OP was talking about "slipping through the crackdown silently".

Shopping would still be allowed of course but being in a car provides better protection your yourself and others partly because you're exposed to the risk for less time and partly because of the isolation.

Reactions: POLLY and Andy-Mat

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018

Shopping would still be allowed of course but being in a car provides better protection your yourself and others partly because you're exposed to the risk for less time and partly because of the isolation.
Exactly my take, and why I wrote what I did.

I am lucky, I live outside of a small town, in a small village, and as happened on my dog walk today, I saw one other dog walker, we passed maybe 5 meters apart, wished each other a good day, and nobody else.....
In Germany, two people are allowed to "meet", but not more than two!
Andy

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall

I think after this is all over you need medical help. You seem to be so angry taking everything the wrong way.

Reactions: POLLY

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Exactly my take, and why I wrote what I did.

I am lucky, I live outside of a small town, in a small village, and as happened on my dog walk today, I saw one other dog walker, we passed maybe 5 meters apart, wished each other a good day, and nobody else.....
In Germany, two people are allowed to "meet", but not more than two!
Andy
but you’ll walk your dog? Somewhat irresponsible?
Could you not walk it inside your car so that it’s self contained?

Reactions: Nealh

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I think after this is all over you need medical help. You seem to be so angry taking everything the wrong way.
....and you seem to be so wrong, as you apparently totally misunderstand the impression you leave with what you yourself initially wrote, and what others here also wrote in reply.
IMHO you are a possible danger to the society where you live, going by the attitude of your first post.
I am not alone either.
Before this is over, many people, all over this planet, may need serious medical help, but you need a Psychiatrist!
Try to change and be FAR safer, for all concerned.
Pax.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
but you’ll walk your dog? Somewhat irresponsible?
Could you not walk it inside your car so that it’s self contained?
Man you have got a huge chip on your shoulder, is there any possible chance that you could be even more argumentative?
Also, was that meant to amuse us all on Pedelec? It failed big time!
I am following the law here (nowhere near to you thank the good Lord!), and walking dogs is allowed for, as is meeting (at the new social distance) is also allowed for up to two people!
Luckily for us, Boris has nothing to say to us here.....
Burning fuel (if that was your suggestion, it was MOST unclear) for walking a dog was and still is bad for this planet's atmosphere, or did you never learn that.
I still maintain that you need a psychiatrist....this last post of yours did nothing to change my opinion!
Simply stop posting, apparently you do not have the predilection to make sensible comments or replies....but I still wish you and all others here, a pleasant and healthy day.

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
....and you seem to be so wrong, as you apparently totally misunderstand the impression you leave with what you yourself initially wrote, and what others here also wrote in reply.
IMHO you are a possible danger to the society where you live, going by the attitude of your first post.
I am not alone either.
Before this is over, many people, all over this planet, may need serious medical help, but you need a Psychiatrist!
Try to change and be FAR safer, for all concerned.
Pax.
you need to grow upyou idiot.
you’re jumping to huge conclusions
I accept you’re worried but to write I’m
a danger is ludicrous. The electric bike will silently get you through.
exercise exercise exercise.
dont jump to conclusions all the time like your oppo.

Reactions: mike killay

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
You should start by taking your own advice about jumping to conclusions, it could possibly even make you more agreeable to other members here.
You might also learn how to write the Queen's English better, so that fewer misunderstandings, caused by your lack of a proper education, are made. No need to be anywhere near to perfect, just a whole lot better!
By the way, I have no oppos per se here, they are simply friendly members with far more common sense than you exhibit.
They also demonstrate good manners too without being asked!
You come over as being very young and very inexperienced in life. But as you get older, hopefully you will calm down.
Some men need to be well over 30 before they achieve it, some never do.
All my "Oppos" were together with me, serving in the RN, when I served my Queen and Country, starting 57 years ago.....I know what REAL live friends are....I am still in contact with many I served with.
The Navy could do a good job on you too! But you need to be able to fit in......that might be a problem.....
How you answer this post, will tell us a lot more about you, good or bad....

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Childish insults aside, why would you want to "slip through the crackdown silently"?
You should start by taking your own advice about jumping to conclusions, it could possibly even make you more agreeable to other members here.
You might also learn how to write the Queen's English better, so that fewer misunderstandings, caused by your lack of a proper education, are made. No need to be anywhere near to perfect, just a whole lot better!
By the way, I have no oppos per se here, they are simply friendly members with far more common sense than you exhibit.
You come over as being very young and very inexperienced in life. But as you get older, hopefully you will calm down.
All my "Oppos" were together with me, serving in the RN, when I served my Queen and Country, starting 57 years ago.....I know what REAL live friends are....I am still in contact with many I served with.
The Navy could do a good job on you too! But you need to be able to fit in......that might be a problem.....
As I thought you’re one of these keyboard bullies who if you take a dislike for some reason gets all aggressive. Grow up and calm down!

D

Deleted member 25121

And you accuse me of getting aggressive. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: Andy-Mat

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
jumping to more conclusions. The navy didn’t exactly do much of a job on you did they?
if my English is lacking possibly through lack of education at least I don’t bully people like you (naval training no doubt where your word is law) you’re a condescending person who in my opinion seems quite far up himself.