Ecoelectric Bike

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
Does anyone know anything about the new Eco-e sport bike from Ecoelectricbikes Ltd.

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
Eco Electricbike

Thanks Daniel, I am in the market for my first electric bike, a workmate of mine purchased a Rush Trek for £850, which I like. Can you please tell me what you think of these bikes and what other bikes you would recommend. My budget is £900 tops, I prefer the bikes to have full mudguards and longest range possible.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We have some members with those Rush bikes who are very happy with their purchase. They seem to be very good value.

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
Eco Electricbike

Thanks Flecc, I've been looking at various bikes but the rush does seem to have good spec' Li Poly battery, wired in lights and horn, 3 assist settings with cruise, full mudguards. All seems OK to me.

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
I was in touch with the 720-Cycles folks before I decided to go ahead with my DIY project instead. They were friendly and professional, and their product seems like a well-designed one, just like you said. They don't use a Bafang motor but one that seems well-built nonetheless, based on the internal photos I saw (brushless geared). They don't seem to be selling much through eBay, but I am sure they make more business via other channels:

eBay My World - 720cycles

Give them a call, you may be able to arrange a test-ride depending on our location. Or ask members of this forum who own an example...

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
The Rush Trek

Hi Marky,

As you have already discovered, the Rush Trek is an excellent machine, far superior to that eco-thingy.

I had the pleasure of customizing one of the original machines supplied by 720cycles. At that time the machine was sold as "unbranded" and therefore, I gave the machine the name "Voyager" featured in this thread.

Since those early days in this machines history, it has been further refined and improved and I can only assume it is now even better value for money. Saddly, my own machine was stolen in a brazen daylight snatch from my home by one of my wonderful neighbours....never to seen again.

I think it's also important to remember that, in the unlikely event of problems with the machine, you would have the full support of Simon and Darren at 720cycles in resolving any problems. It is highly unlikely you would get the same service from the eco-wat-sit.

Quite rightly, the machine now has it's own name...the Rush Trek. I'm quite sure you won't be disappointed if you decide to purchase.

All the best
Bob

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's a sad ending Bob, I well remember how proud of Voyager you were. It's not only sad to lose the bike that
way but also sad that you have to live with neighbours who stoop that low.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
That's a sad ending Bob, I well remember how proud of Voyager you were. It's not only sad to lose the bike that
way but also sad that you have to live with neighbours who stoop that low.
That is terrible! Keep cycling Bob!:)

I notice the CYCLEMAN bike above has an option of this: 36V/10Ah LiFePO4

are these not a much better e bike battery?

being a technical numpty:rolleyes: How do they get these in to a conventional battery case? as I thought the problem with the Ping version was its square size.

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
how do you know you are genuinely getting a LiFePO4 battery? it is like buying a pig in a poke, and this company isn't exactly known for business ethics. IIRC the "cycleman" was someone who worked for Wisper, got fired for poor performance/teamwork and stole the frame design, and also seems to stalk poorer performing Wisper dealers to try and exact revenge by selling this poorer quality bike instead of Wispers.

No better IMO than the scrotes what nicked Blew IT Bob's bike..

I would go for the 720 cycles / Rush machine at that price point..

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
IIRC the "cycleman" was someone who worked for Wisper, got fired for poor performance/teamwork and stole the frame design, and also seems to stalk poorer performing Wisper dealers to try and exact revenge by selling this poorer quality bike instead of Wispers.
Yes, that's the man, and there's been plenty online about his dishonest behaviour. Here's David Miall's
post about him:

Mark Rao dishonesty posts

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
Eco Electricbike

Thank you all for the info and advice, looks like I'll be going for the Rush Trek. I had half made my mind up anyway, now it seems the best choice. Thanks again, and if anyone else out there owns the Rush Trek, I would greatful for any feedback. Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen, this is a constant reminder of the lowlifes out there, needless to say I shall be buying every antitheft device under the sun.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
"Pragmasis Protector Chains" a real beast! My ABUS which is a good lock, in comparison looks weak

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Is the frame very small then?
Well! I know how big his frame is..... he will have to stoop very low and very quickly to avoid the south-paw hay-maker with his name on it

Take care of your bikes, there will always be somebody just waiting to take it from you. Something to do with the "Politics of envy" I believe.

Happy E-biking to all
Bob

Ronnie1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 2, 2018
UK
So nice to hear so many good things about the Rush Trek, I bought one that had a faulty battery second hand thinking to make a project out of it but when I got the chance to buy a brand new ebike I never got around to starting it, I just love the actual bike, it is so well made and a beautiful design, I have found a brand new battery for it for £150! but I will possibly just sell it in the classifieds here, Im not much of a mechanic lol, it is a shame for it to be wasted as it is in great condition, I also found a bad connector that may have been the problem AFTER I put the original battery in the skip, so it may just be that. I have just seen a post by a see a member here who has found a more powerful battery that would replace the original for around£200???