Eggrider V2 for Bafang BBS01 BBS02 BBSHD

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
Been trying their V1 for a few months which is just a bluetooth box instead of display. You then use your phone as the display, the software also allows you to program the controller instead of using the BafangConfigTool.exe and USB/Serial cable saving the hassle of unplugging that nail snapping plug every time you want to tweak.

Anyway EggRider V2 is available on pre-order (probably around 3/4 weeks) and I said I would give them a plug.

Mini display with buttons and built in bluetooth which keeps all the useful features of the first version.

When I get it and trial it, I'll give an update.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I think they may have a new customer... That looks about as close to a holy grail button set as any I have seen so far. 85€ :( swallow hard and bite the bullet I guess. Waiting on your test report.

Reactions: robwalley

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Still don`t like the idea of my £300 phone perched on the bars along with that mini display, possibly if the mini display alone gave enough info plus the ability of switching between Road and Off-Road settings it would be a starter?

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
Still don`t like the idea of my £300 phone perched on the bars along with that mini display, possibly if the mini display alone gave enough info plus the ability of switching between Road and Off-Road settings it would be a starter?
But you only need a cheap 5 inch android device preferably with GPS, phone not required and as you say, it may be enough by itself. Plus the ability to use the app to program the controller on the go if required.

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
But you only need a cheap 5 inch android device preferably with GPS, phone not required and as you say, it may be enough by itself. Plus the ability to use the app to program the controller on the go if required.
Looking at ordering this myself, have you any updates on it as it looks amazing...

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Will be able to tell you the zobop will have one next week just got to do a few more test runs with the large display its in a box on the bench it is tiny

Leewee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2018
Looks really good but seems you have to choose android or iOS, is there not one compatible with both?

Leewee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2018
Not sure...how ever I will probs buy a cheap samsung as I don't want my nice phone on the bars...
I always have my S8 on my bars but will probably be going back to iPhone at Christmas time. Will have to hold out on one of these until then if its one or the other

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
Not been on in a while and abandoned a full review as sunlight kills the display - entirely invisible. Not using. Although I take it with me as an easy mobile programmer. Lots of firmware upgrades and software downloads to keep up with the bugs. Also must revisit trying a split screen on my phone with eggrider app and satnav at the same time.

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Not been on in a while and abandoned a full review as sunlight kills the display - entirely invisible. Not using. Although I take it with me as an easy mobile programmer. Lots of firmware upgrades and software downloads to keep up with the bugs. Also must revisit trying a split screen on my phone with eggrider app and satnav at the same time.
That's a shame, when I saw it was OLED I thought it would handle the sun well...have you found you can find tune your rides with it well. Only reason for me buying it is how programmable it looks...I don't mind downloading updates ECT as it's a very new product which needs time and ppl like us to give it a to and support it if we like it....

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
The up and down buttons aren't great either, I always managed with the up/down buttons that come with the DPC-14 display without looking down, just with feel, cannot do this with the eggrider.

Programming with a phone not much different than with a PC/USB-Serial/BafangConfigTool, but you can take this with you and now I think you can have off-road/on-road settings, so you can have two different settings without having to program again.

Like I said I really need to see how good it is with a phone as the display.

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
The up and down buttons aren't great either, I always managed with the up/down buttons that come with the DPC-14 display without looking down, just with feel, cannot do this with the eggrider.

Programming with a phone not much different than with a PC/USB-Serial/BafangConfigTool, but you can take this with you and now I think you can have off-road/on-road settings, so you can have two different settings without having to program again.

Oh well, £80 ain't the end of the world I suppose, will update how I feel about it once I have it and have used it...

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex

Also I'm not using a bafang system...so maybe this is my only way to adjust settings without being a computer hacker?..