Electric convertion

Gbay

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2016
Hi
I am looking to get my wife's carrerra bike converted , can anyone suggest somewhere I can get it done in the Kent area
Regards Gbay

Gbay

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2016
Hi
Any suggestions on what would be a good kit for general use
Regards Gbay

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Easiest to fit BBS and simple all plug and play, but will need some reprogramming to get the best out of it.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Here's a thread on my carrera conversion. I used an Ezee front wheel kit which, while not the cheapest kit, has proved very reliable for over 3000 miles now. I chose front wheel for simplicity, it really is a matter of putting the wheel in place, mounting the battery and plugging everything in. A few cable ties later, hey presto you got a whizzy bike.
Have a go - you'll get plenty of help here.
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/converting-a-carrera-crossfire3.21965/

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
Hi Gbay

We have video tutorials showing how to fit all our kits and offer remote support via email/chat. Here's the link to our videos:
www.pandaebikes.com/how-to
Hopefully watching a video will give you some confidence about doing the build

The key is making sure you have a suitable bike before buying the kit.

That primarily means:
1) Compare the fork/dropouts to the motor diagram (we provide the diagram on all our listings) to make sure there is space for the motor
2) Make sure there is space on your bike to put the battery. We have a summary of battery types available and considerations here:
www.pandaebikes.com/which-kit
Generall on a men's frame a bottle battery is best. For ladies' frames a rear rack battery is best.
3) If you are doing a rear wheel conversion, make sure you have the right gear type. Our kits have a freewheel fitting for the gear cluster. If your bike has a cassette then you need to buy a new gear cluster (only £15).