Help! Electric road bike

Chief12

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2018
I have a Cube hybrid ebike but would like an averagely priced electric road bike to go with it. Any recommendations please ?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I have a Cube hybrid ebike but would like an averagely priced electric road bike to go with it. Any recommendations please ?
You need to say what your idea of 'average' is, and also where, how and how far you want to ride, how fit you are, and whether you want a legal ebike.

Chief12

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2018
You need to say what your idea of 'average' is, and also where, how and how far you want to ride, how fit you are, and whether you want a legal ebike.
Legal yes. Costing around £1500 riding around the Yorkshire roads around 25-40 miles at a time

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I think you'll maybe struggle at the top end of that range as most roadie type e bikes opt for the smaller battery to keep the overall weight down.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
It's pretty easy to make your own with a conversion.
Do any of the conversions have a rack mounted battery ?(or under the rack in particular), rather than a big box mounted on the downtube.
I find the tube mounted ones fugly.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Do any of the conversions have a rack mounted battery ?(or under the rack in particular), rather than a big box mounted on the downtube.
I find the tube mounted ones fugly.
You can get whatever battery want and stick it where you want. You're the one doing the conversion.