Help! Electrickery!

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
TRUE but battery's degrade over time, especially while not in use at full charge. luckily they have mentioned in the paper work that it was best to keep it fully charged so you should be cover there.

Emanresu

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2019
@Depressed

Please re-read and act on #2 and #28. You are letting your protection under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 drift away. There are 3 main time limits

1. 14 days if it was bought online. You have the right to return
2. 30 days. Another right to return/refund if faulty
3. 6 months. From MSE The shop must prove goods weren't faulty when they sold 'em – after that, you must prove they were.

See https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/

So rather than spend time here, read the comment by @Ocsid again. I know of some companies that keep clients talking so they fall outside of the time limits so don't let that happen to you.

Returning is easy to do. I've sent 2 back this month [long story]

Depressed

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 24, 2020
Returning is easy to do...if only! Even thinking about it is making me sweat!

I'm going to make this my final post, because some people are totally unable to grasp the mental health problems I experience.

The battery seems to be the issue...at least 99% chance I would think, and I would like to thank everyone who pointed me in the right direction.

On the subject of batteries, i'm amazed at how many people have suffered the same fate...well i'm not actually.

When those crap batteries , (but rather expensive ones) are returned where do you think they go...in the bin or back on the shelf for resale? So in the end those crap batteries will end up with some poor sod who can't be bothered to go through the endless process of returning things!
In an earlier post, I mentioned how surprised I was that ebd hadn't picked up what was wrong when I phoned them, while on this site people picked up on it right away. If ebd had told me it was the battery, that would have been tantamount to them almost confessing that they knew the battery was crap when it was sent out.

So as you send back yet another bike or battery to the wonderful ebd...think about it.

Right, it's a fabulous day, i'm off on me bike...wait a minute!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
making me sweat!
Loosing a huge stack of cash would make me sweat even more and to add insult to injury seeing the bike everyday as a stark reminder, even though sending something back may seem daunting, and trust me I, as many, have been there, but I sucked it up for the greater good and one for consumer rights, and you know what... it improved my mental health when the situation was resolved...

Last edited:

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
Hi Depressed, Have you had a chance to get the voltage tested on the battery pack yet? As if its obvious that it is at fault it would require a lot less trouble and effort in exchanging than whole bike! i understand it not so easy if you dont own a multi-meter yourself. You would be better off taking a photo or video as proof . without the test you would be unable to say 100% that it was the battery at fault.

Emanresu

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2019
I'm going to make this my final post, because some people are totally unable to grasp the mental health problems I experience.
You haven't been specific about this issue, but if it is the one I think it is, please accept my apologies.

There is a degree of discrimination in the way these statutory rights such as the Consumer Rights Act or (ironically) the Equality Act works with some mental health conditions.

See if someone in your local support group or your support worker (if you have one) can help with this over the next few months.

Depressed

Mar 24, 2020
Full Refund when I return the bike...I have to put the bike in the box though...mmmmmmmm

The wonders of social media...and I know they're at it!

They don't like it up them Captain Mainwaring!

Reactions: PC2017
Nov 10, 2006
Midlands
I bought the same bike from the same people and got a totally different experience. Awesome battery, good commuter in Derbyshire, great service and went through the bike to work scheme too. I get you found it hard to cope with stressful things but bar them sending someone up to you in Yorks' all they can do is ask you to return it. Frankly if it wasn't operating in the manner expected they should refund or replace it. Did you initially ask for it to be looked at and returned working (or) to be refunded as you had given up the bike as a lemon?

Depressed

Mar 24, 2020
I bought the same bike from the same people and got a totally different experience. Awesome battery, good commuter in Derbyshire, great service and went through the bike to work scheme too. I get you found it hard to cope with stressful things but bar them sending someone up to you in Yorks' all they can do is ask you to return it. Frankly if it wasn't operating in the manner expected they should refund or replace it. Did you initially ask for it to be looked at and returned working (or) to be refunded as you had given up the bike as a lemon?

Depressed

Mar 24, 2020
Yes...EBikes Direct are a wonderful company...I can't wait to deal with them again!

OK, there was a little discrepancy in the final refund, but as I am a Buddhist and give 90% of my money away to Buddhist causes anyway, it didn't really matter!

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Ebikes direct are a very good company. They have been selling electric bikes for many years. They have a very simple procedure if you get any problems with the bike. You only have to put it back in the box, they will come and collect it, fix it and send it back. If anybody doesn't want to comply with that procedure, it's not their fault and there's little they can do to help, especially if owners would rather take advice from people that know nothing about how electric bikes work.

No, I don't have any connection to Ebikes Direct, but I do know many people who bought bikes from them and are happy. IIRC, that might also include Andy Bluenoes and his Oxygen bikes that he reviewed on this forum.

Depressed

Mar 24, 2020
Ebikes direct are a very good company. They have been selling electric bikes for many years. They have a very simple procedure if you get any problems with the bike. You only have to put it back in the box, they will come and collect it, fix it and send it back. If anybody doesn't want to comply with that procedure, it's not their fault and there's little they can do to help, especially if owners would rather take advice from people that know nothing about how electric bikes work.

No, I don't have any connection to Ebikes Direct, but I do know many people who bought bikes from them and are happy. IIRC, that might also include Andy Bluenoes and his Oxygen bikes that he reviewed on this forum.