Electronic Cigarettes.

Bjorgi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2015
uk
That volcano thing looks like something that fell out the Tardis, nice as it is i prefer simple and boxy, not so sure of cylindrical ones

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Im into my third year vaping, since i started using it i have not had nor wanted a draw from a cig, my initial plan was to vape for a bit reducing nic a bit at a time then give up, well that hasnt happened yet as i enjoy it too much, but hey..its got to be healthier than cigs right?
When i first started i researched everything and knew what was what, since i settled on my MVP and nautilus i stopped following what was best/new, so now my MVP is on its last legs, any suggestions for a replacement? im not into sub-ohms and stuff, just a decent integrated battery that lasts a day or so.
I use Eleaf Isticks, smaller than the MVP with more power. Have a look on Fasttech, cheap on there and they have Istick copies that are even cheaper. Loads of other mod batts as well.
Take about 2 to 4 weeks to get delivered tho.

Reactions: Bjorgi

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have had a volcano for 10 years now its not portable like there new ones but used every day so far and still going.

dont get more simple than that :)

Reactions: Bjorgi

Bjorgi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2015
uk
Cheers will check out isticks, the MVP im using is perfect for what i want but its the original from 2 years ago, i have had 2 newer ones in that time that didnt last very long so i reverted back to old faithful, lost confidence in the newer ones.
The smaller volcano does look great but i try to keep it simple, im not too clued up on that temp control, sub ohm stuff

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i just set mine to max and leave it there mine just has a dial for the temp as was the first 1 and paid 500 quid for it back then.

try a gpen as only 20-30 quid of ebay atm and batts been good on my m8s one so far.

temp wise it will vape what you put in it just depends what it is, max settings for cheese :)

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Hi everyone. Yes Flecc. very proud my thread is at page 100. Still vaping,not a single fag since the thread started, three and a half years ago. Great to see that although the TPD has been enacted, there are signs of the tide turning in high places, including the House of Lords. Hope you all signed the online petition in support of same?

Reactions: GORDONAL and flecc

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I successfully quit smoking about 4 years ago with the help of a home made vape. I mixed my own juice, so I know exactly what was in there. With the exception of nicotine it was all at least food grade, meaning that it was edible.

I had a simple philosophy. If I can eat it, sniffing the steam from it won't do me too much damage. At the very least it has to be better than actual cigarettes.

I reduced the nicotine steadily and continued to use it nic free until I forgot about using it. An almost painless way to give up.

I'm happy to report that I'm still smoke and vape free, and safe in the knowledge that if I relapse it'll be to vaping.

It'll be interesting to see what the Mosely doco concludes. I've got a feeling he's going to dispel some of the BS about it being a 'gateway drug' and 'dangerous because not tested'.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GORDONAL and flecc

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
TONIGHT HORIZON BBC2 TV. 9.30 pm
My brief thoughts having watched this program.

As near a fair and balanced program as one is likely to see.

TEN PERCENT of the program was devoted to people cloud chasing in a way that bears little resemblance to real life.

An analysis of the toxic effects of different flavours failed to mention tobacco flavour, IMO the most popular flavour of all.

In the test of, different quit methods, sample sizes were so small as to be meaningless.Also, the tests would need to continue for much longer than four weeks to be meaningful, say one year.

perhaps more tomorrow.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My brief thoughts having watched this program.

As near a fair and balanced program as one is likely to see.
Same impression with me.

As a one time smoker who has never vaped, my summary of the situation based on that program is that vaped nicotine is non-toxic, vaping itself is safe but the flavours need investigation.

I think the only thing the legislators should do is set up an approval system for the flavours used, only those shown to be safe approved. In my minimal evidence based opinion, that's the only law needed.

Reactions: mike killay

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
TONIGHT HORIZON BBC2 TV. 9.30 pm
I got around to watching that the other night - a reasonably fair treatment of it, I thought. Of course, the totality of all the ins and outs couldn't be explored, and the shots of the steam-trainers was a bit misleading, giving the impression that all vapers are like puffing billies.

This has come as a bit of a surprise, too.
http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2016/05/17/10-common-questions-about-e-cigarettes-answered/#.V1aKH6Kh5Uo.twitter
Looks like some people are actually taking notice of what users have been saying for years, now. The knee-jerk reactionaries of the anti-smoking brigade, who attempt to ban anything that might give people some vaguely enjoyable alternative to cold turkey or patches seem to have been put on the back shelf for a while.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's been announced that this year in Britain cigarette smoking has dropped even faster to the lowest level ever, with just 17% smoking now.

Vaping should be given a substantial share of the credit for that, enabling many to give up tobacco, and later even give up the vaping as well in many cases.

Yet still the authorities cooperate with the tobacco and pharmaceutical companies in attacking electronic cigarette use. Corruption is still alive and well among those who govern us.

• Agree
Reactions: Croxden and robdon

Advertisers