Electronic Cigarettes.

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
@GORDONAL. Some very interesting posts. Great that you have read some of the stuff I have written and that you find it interesting. Although I have thought about starting a blog, I have too many commitments going on at present. It is something I will give more thought to after the summer. As I said, the greatest battles for vaping are yet to come. This winter will be a critical time.

I do a bit of advocacy in various ways, signing petitions, writing to MPs and so on. These days I spend a lot of time on the streets. I took up playing the fiddle back in February, and find that an excellent way to motivate myself to practice is busking. This is something I really enjoy, and I meet loads of interesting people on the street. As I sit in the sun in my folding chair, I have a vape between tunes, and a surprising number of people stop and ask me about vaping. Questions like does it work, what does it cost, what to buy and where to buy it. It is also very gratifying the number of passers by who are vaping on the street.

I recently had a letter from my Doctors surgery, saying that I was on record as a smoker, and inviting me to visit the Stop Smoking advisor. It listed all the products available, such as patches, gum, and so on. I wrote back asking why they did not recommend, and supply the most effective stop-smoking aid of all. Two months later, I am still waiting for a reply.

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
This guy writes about that foolishness in here @Croxden http://vapers.org.uk/in-the-news-24th-july/
The BMA have a disproportionate amount of power and influence,the RCP (Royal College of Physicians) is a more respected body but their voice is not at the forefront for some baffling reason

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
I am not sure if it is age or experience that has made me much more cynical than I used to be. The history of vaping thus far has made me much more aware of the things that happen behind the scenes in Politics. So when I look at this report from Public Health England, I see both good news and bad. The good news is that ecigs are recognised as being 95% safer than lit tobacco, the gateway theory is demolished, and the myth of second hand vapour is dispelled. This leaves the ANTZ with nothing except that they hate to see people enjoying themselves.
The bad news is that announcing the fact that ecigs are the best thing since sliced bread IMO hides one or more ulterior motives. Ecigs on prescription are a bad idea for several reasons. Firstly, non smokers will [rightly] resent paying for vapers to vape. Secondly, prescriptions cost £8,75 per item. So is that one cartomiser at £8,75 plus a battery at £8,75, and a charger at £8.75? sounds like a dear way to vape.
Thirdly, prescription ecigs will be cigalikes. These on their own have a poor track record for people wanting to switch. There will be a poor uptake, and poor results, and Big Brother can then say "I told you so". If you could afford to smoke, you can afford to buy the e cig of your choice, if there is still a choice. Things are just fine as they are and don`t need fixing at the taxpayers expense. Cynical, moi?

Last edited:
Reactions: GORDONAL

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
had my vape for near 10 years and still going tho it did cost 500 quid ;)

made in Germany lol

Reactions: neptune

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
A date has been fixed for Totally Wicked versus the E U, In which TW will try to get the Tobacco Products Directive squashed, or at least article twenty, which deals with ecigs. The date will be the first of October 2015. Two similar cases will be heard over the the next subsequent days. I am unsure when the outcome will be heard. Keeping fingers crossed.

Reactions: GORDONAL

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Well, the first of October has come and gone, so Totally wicked have had their day in court, or twenty minutes to be exact. There is little or no info on the outcome, except a terse comment that a verdict is expected "Early next Year"... Churchill had a phrase, "Action this Day".

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
20 mins?

In my 6 years if experience if the courts this means open and shut case- prob no case to answer

I worry a lot that TW were kicked out on a point of primary law :(

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
You vapers been a bit quiet these last couple of months.....
Well i'm vaping a rather tasty banana flavoured juice tonight, which is going quite well with the pear cider i'm supping. So i consider that 2 of my 5 a day.

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
1st April News Summary here http://vapers.org.uk/category/latest-news/

Outstanding widely reported articles and blogs over the last few months

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/e-cigs-inconvenient-truth-its-much-safer-to-vape-20151221

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/vapers-just-wanna-have-fun/#.Vv8DolQrLIV

https://jimmcmanus.wordpress.com/2015/11/15/how-and-why-i-changed-my-mind-on-e-cigarettes/ - This guy is a Public Health Director in Hertfordshire

http://vapers.org.uk/women-of-the-year-awards-2015/ - includes many ladies engaged in Public Health
http://vapers.org.uk/in-the-news-annual-2015/ - admittedly a 'marathon' but it captures all of the news from 2015

Reactions: neptune

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Recently we have had good news on Vaping. We heard from Public Health England that vaping is at least 95 % safer than smoking, and the Royal College of Surgeons stated that vaping needs to be encouraged.
The bad news is that the Tobacco Products Directive becomes effective this month throughout Europe. As A double whammy, in the USA, The FDA deeming regulations have been released, which will effectively ban 99% of current vaping products, and hand the business to Big tobacco. Only products sold in 2007 will be permitted without costly approval.There is an amendment in the pipeline which may change the Grandfather date to the present day if passed. Either way, this is the end of innovation both sides of the Atlantic. A sad time for vaping and Public Health. History will judge these people. Her`s to the future and the black market.

Reactions: Scimitar

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Take away my usual vaping stuff, or make it more expensive.... and i'll end up going back to buying duty free baccy from a bloke down the pub like i used to.
Just like a lot of people will.

Vaping vanilla custard atm.

Advertisers