Electronic Cigarettes.

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
I had a sort of vision today, about starting a new country. It would be a place where people would be responsible for their own welfare, a place where folks could be free of petty rules and regulations from nannying officials and power crazed government. I was brought sharply back to reality when I suddenly realised that that was the philosophy that gave birth to the good old USA. Look at it now...

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Yeh, the right to bear arms.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Recently we have had good news on Vaping. We heard from Public Health England that vaping is at least 95 % safer than smoking, and the Royal College of Surgeons stated that vaping needs to be encouraged.
The bad news is that the Tobacco Products Directive becomes effective this month throughout Europe. As A double whammy, in the USA, The FDA deeming regulations have been released, which will effectively ban 99% of current vaping products, and hand the business to Big tobacco. Only products sold in 2007 will be permitted without costly approval.There is an amendment in the pipeline which may change the Grandfather date to the present day if passed. Either way, this is the end of innovation both sides of the Atlantic. A sad time for vaping and Public Health. History will judge these people. Her`s to the future and the black market.
So, does that mean I might not be able to get my normal juice??

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
I had a sort of vision today, about starting a new country. It would be a place where people would be responsible for their own welfare, a place where folks could be free of petty rules and regulations from nannying officials and power crazed government. I was brought sharply back to reality when I suddenly realised that that was the philosophy that gave birth to the good old USA. Look at it now...
Indeed.... and its made all the worse by control freaks who dont want people doing what they dont want to do themselves.
Have you noticed how the anti smoking brigade have now turned their hate to vapers now !..... The fact it annoys those twots makes it even more enjoyable to me.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Indeed.... and its made all the worse by control freaks who dont want people doing what they dont want to do themselves.
Have you noticed how the anti smoking brigade have now turned their hate to vapers now !..... The fact it annoys those twots makes it even more enjoyable to me.
Yeh, I`ve started to get the looks

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
most these things they sell in the shops are not vapes anyway if they heat a coil as its same as burning it.

bit expensive but my volcano is 10 years old now

http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_eu/en/crafty-portable-app-vaporizer/
Interesting device years ahead of its time, temperature control devices are now relatively common since about 18 months ago
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2015/10/temperature-controlled-vaping.html
Prices have tumbled ranging from the most expensive @£200 ish to cheapest @£20
Admittedly only from dedicated bricks n mortar shops/online

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
So, does that mean I might not be able to get my normal juice??
Depends really .......there will be a 20mg/ml strength limit (probably only a max of 18mg/ml marketed) and only in 10ml containers. Maybe there may be some reductions in the range offered anyway due to the excessive costs involved to juice makers .
If you experience any problems though, make a comment here and someone will pitch in with advice

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
One of the latest mod batteries i bought has temp control, the Eleaf Istick TC40, although i haven't used that function as it has to be different coils to use it. I bought it mainly for the bigger 2600mah capacity, which is 400mah up on the previous 2200mah Isticks.
Not only is this mod slightly bigger, but it doesn't last any longer than my previous Isticks. Having a seach on Ecig Forums it seems others have the same complaint and the general consensus is that they dont have any extra capacity at all....... So i cant recommend the TC40.
The only thing in its favour, is the temp control, if you use that.... and they are pretty cheap at around £18 from Fasttech.

Reactions: GORDONAL

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Wonderful watching,very positive from all of the contributors

Reactions: Blew it and neptune

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Alert for a TV program on the Science of e-cigs.

On this Sunday 22nd May at 9.30 pm on BBC2, there's scheduled a program in the Horizon series. Michael Mosley will be examining the science behind e-cigs.

If you cannot watch at the time, it will be available within 24 hours after the broadcast on the BBC i-player, on this link

Also in the new edition of the Radio Times for next week, Mosley has a two page article on the subject on pages 26 and 27.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Yamdude

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
A whole program to tell you its cough syrup and fog machine juice.Can't knock it,mixed my own cutting the nic content each batch.Stopped vaping within a year,it paid for my bike.

Sent from my D101 using Tapatalk

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Not sure i could quit vaping, even though i'm now down to 6mg nic juice, vaping has become a part of my life in the same way smoking used to be. I think even if i got down to zero nic, i would still miss it bad if i gave it up.... and would possibly end up back on the smokes.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Not sure i could quit vaping, even though i'm now down to 6mg nic juice, vaping has become a part of my life in the same way smoking used to be. I think even if i got down to zero nic, i would still miss it bad if i gave it up.... and would possibly end up back on the smokes.
Is 6mg still the lowest nicotine content you can get from the retailers? I was cutting down by half each batch,saving a bit of the stronger batch for times of need.Ending up just putting a tiny drop in a 150 ml batch.First day of zero nicotine was the first day I didn't need to pick it up.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A whole program to tell you its cough syrup and fog machine juice.
Too cynical, I think it could be a useful contribution.

Far from being the usual nonsense, in this, Michael Mosley, who doesn't smoke, took up vaping to enable accurate measurements of what it does to his airways.

Here's the link back to the program information.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Too cynical, I think it could be a useful contribution.

Far from being the usual nonsense, in this, Michael Mosley, who doesn't smoke, took up vaping to enable accurate measurements of what it does to his airways.

Here's the link back to the program information.
Only joking flecc,will be a interesting watch.

Sent from my D101 using Tapatalk

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Is 6mg still the lowest nicotine content you can get from the retailers? I was cutting down by half each batch,saving a bit of the stronger batch for times of need.Ending up just putting a tiny drop in a 150 ml batch.First day of zero nicotine was the first day I didn't need to pick it up.
3mg is the lowest from my supplier.....
Its not just the nicotine i'd miss, its the whole vaping thing that i enjoy.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Alert for a TV program on the Science of e-cigs.

On this Sunday 22nd May at 9.30 pm on BBC2, there's scheduled a program in the Horizon series. Michael Mosley will be examining the science behind e-cigs.

If you cannot watch at the time, it will be available within 24 hours after the broadcast on the BBC i-player, on this link

Also in the new edition of the Radio Times for next week, Mosley has a two page article on the subject on pages 26 and 27.
Didn't know about that program, i'll certainly be watching it.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
3mg is the lowest from my supplier.....
Its not just the nicotine i'd miss, its the whole vaping thing that i enjoy.
Not saying its bad.,enjoy.Took my ages to get down from 3mg.Hope the program doesn't put the fog machine juice in a bad light.Look at the Rolling Stones,ain't done them any harm.OK it might make you a bit wrinkled.

Bjorgi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2015
uk
Im into my third year vaping, since i started using it i have not had nor wanted a draw from a cig, my initial plan was to vape for a bit reducing nic a bit at a time then give up, well that hasnt happened yet as i enjoy it too much, but hey..its got to be healthier than cigs right?
When i first started i researched everything and knew what was what, since i settled on my MVP and nautilus i stopped following what was best/new, so now my MVP is on its last legs, any suggestions for a replacement? im not into sub-ohms and stuff, just a decent integrated battery that lasts a day or so.

Advertisers