Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Reactions: flecc

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
More to the point, do you have anywhere (i.e. with the permission of the owner of some private land) that you could ride such a bike?
The web site talks about 'off road use' but does not attempt to clarify what they think 'off road' means.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Horrid, illegal contraption that doesn't even pull particularly well.

Rebaged Cyclotricity - you might ask @Andy Bluenoes what he thought of his.

• :D
Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
It is an illegal machine.
It has been clarified that an 'Off road switch' makes the bike illegal.
The switch can be the ordinary electro-mechanical device commonly called a switch, or in the case of this bike, a part of the electronic control circuit.
Nevertheless, it is a switch.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I met a guy with one of these about two weeks ago. He was very vocal about his 'off road switch' and addmitted that he used it all the time. He claimed a 75mile range, which was about the point I extracated myself from the conversation.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I met a guy with one of these about two weeks ago. He was very vocal about his 'off road switch' and addmitted that he used it all the time. He claimed a 75mile range, which was about the point I extracated myself from the conversation.
From my experience you would be lucky to get much more than 15

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

ElysiumBikes

Just Joined
Mar 31, 2022
There's an all-round ebike for everyone, Kids, youths, and seniors (50+). You can now buy Rad Power Electric Bikes online at even cheaper prices and still enjoy all the benefits from the manufacturer.

At Elysiumbikes.com, you can also buy Bicycles by top brands such as:
✅ Santa Cruz Bikes
✅ Trek Bikes
✅ Giant Bikes
✅ Focus Bikes
✅ Specialized Bikes
✅ Cube Bikes
✅ Marin Bikes
✅ Polygon Bikes

Available Bikes For Sale
♂ Mountain Bikes
♂ Commuter Bikes
♂ Cargo Electric Bikes
♂ Full Suspension E-Bikes
♂ Hardtail Bikes

Get the bike you've alway dream of at discouted prices today. Visit https://elysiumbikes.com/ to buy electric mountain bikes online, free shipping, 30-day free return and refund policy!

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
There's an all-round ebike for everyone, Kids, youths, and seniors (50+). You can now buy Rad Power Electric Bikes online at even cheaper prices and still enjoy all the benefits from the manufacturer.
The problem here is that:
A) This is largely a UK forum, and you're in Chicago.
B) To promote your business, you need to pay to be registered as a Trade Member here.

ElysiumBikes

Just Joined
Mar 31, 2022
The problem here is that:
A) This is largely a UK forum, and you're in Chicago.
B) To promote your business, you need to pay to be registered as a Trade Member here.
You're right, our operation office is in Chicago, but we do ship to the UK. In fact, we have a warehouse in the UK to facilitate shipping and speedy delivery.
With regards to point B, I had no idea about that. I think that's just what I'd do.
Thanks for the heads up!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
UK law differs from US state laws regarding age and power usage so demographically hardly worth the plug on a UK specific forum though may be of interest to the one or two US members.

ElysiumBikes

Just Joined
Mar 31, 2022
UK law differs from US state laws regarding age and power usage so demographically hardly worth the plug on a UK specific forum though may be of interest to the one or two US members.
I think manufacturers are well aware of UK laws or US laws with regards to e-bikes. This is why bikes made for the UK market are not recommended for US consumers. Though you'd find consumers buying bikes overseas because of shortages.
We are a distribution company (Retailing), we do not produce these bikes, even though we sometimes receive requests for customized bikes, but the warranty of all the bikes is provided by the respective manufacturer

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Unscrupulous vendors don't care what they sell and to what market, that can be seen by the ebikes offered in the UK and EU market place.

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Unscrupulous vendors don't care what they sell and to what market, that can be seen by the ebikes offered in the UK and EU market place.
There has been an utter explosion in ebike companies bringing tat to the market with overblown through to completely misleading descriptions and obviously fake reviews.

Some of the descriptives hark back to the catalog bikes using the 'Shimano sis' as a sign it was a quality bike, when in fact it was utter tat, unfit for purpose.

We're seeing the same terms today along with things like 'powerful Disc brakes' when they are anything but.
One thing annoys me most is the claimed mileage.
250wh battery - claims 40+ miles range :oops: Really ?.

How are the inexperienced supposed to know what they are buying is actually worth buying.

Advertisers