EM3EV Battery type, but from Europe

gvanrenterghem

Just Joined
Mar 4, 2021
Hi,

I am new here so posting my first post. I am replacing my slow Shimano STeps E8000 motor by a Bafang M620 (a lot of 3D design and CNC machining involved) and I am now looking at quality battery pack. I am looking for a battery pack with 48V and 20-25Ah.
I looked around an EM3EV looks amazing, but when I tried ordering I noticed they charge USD 200 for shipping to Europe which makes it ridiculously expensive.
I then considered "Unit Pack Power" as heard good things about them , but then read (and saw) a few posts/videos explaining how EM3EV are great and how UPP battery pack have risk of fire.

I am therefore looking for a European based battery pack assembler, using japanese sourced cells. I found ENERPower in Germany who seems good with good reviews. The only difference with EM3EV is that EM3EV fuses each individual cell, which ENERPower does not seem to do.

I was wondering what is your view on this and if you could provide me with a European address where to shop for top quality batteries, well built and as safe as possible.

Thanks much.

Guillaume

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
jimmy can make any size battery and you can pick what cells you want but alot of company are not posting parcels to the eu at the moment because of sky high postage prices and import fees.

ups wont send anything atm either way but send him a email and see what he says.

gvanrenterghem

Just Joined
Mar 4, 2021
jimmy can make any size battery and you can pick what cells you want but alot of company are not posting parcels to the eu at the moment because of sky high postage prices and import fees.

ups wont send anything atm either way but send him a email and see what he says.
Thanks, will reach-out to him.

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
Thanks, I am switzerland based so place of purchase is a bit irrelevant for me as my VAT is 7.7% :)

How would you define better vs EM3EV?
The batteries Jimmy makes are made using copper interconnects which offer much lower resistance than Nickle strips they are the only battery maker using Sunstone Engineering's state-of-the-art 250i2 EV Copper welder

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
The batteries Jimmy makes are made using copper interconnects which offer much lower resistance than Nickle strips they are the only battery maker using Sunstone Engineering's state-of-the-art 250i2 EV Copper welder
he can use silver as well with that welder but its only 3% better than copper but it is a option ;)

Eclipsebikes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 1, 2011
Eclipse ebikes sell EM3ev batteries.
Thanks for the recommendation. We've been selling EM3EV battery packs in the UK for the last year and a half and they're great quality packs. Really well assembled, with other features such as cell level fusing, Bluetooth for monitoring lots of battery data, auto power off function, LED energy gauge which not only displays battery capacity but also displays faults (high temperature protection, low temperature protection and over-current protection). We have found the battery packs to be very reliable, however should an issue occur, internal components such as the LED PCB and BMS are very easy to replace, with no soldering required. We currently only supply battery packs within mainland UK.

Advertisers