Energise - Westhill Bikes

Ganesh

Just Joined
Aug 10, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
I was looking to buy Oxygen Bikes S-CROSS as it seems to have good reviews here but seems like there is no dealer near me. I might be able to buy Energise - Westhill Bikes at current RRP £1,500. I was looking at which weighs 18kg, which isn't bad for one of these, 700c wheels, Bafang rear drive motor, Shimano 9 speed, hydraulic bikes etc. I am no expert in this area and not sure what’s the difference between motor or kits used for Oxygen bike vs Energise. I liked the fact that Oxygen bike uses standard Chinese components which allows adding throttle if required and hoping that WestHilll bikes also be similar. But would like to know opinions, thoughts or comments.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I liked the fact that Oxygen bike uses standard Chinese components which allows adding throttle if required and hoping that WestHilll bikes also be similar.
both bikes use standard Chinese components that you would find on many hub drive e-bikes.

The main differences are:

1. the motor cable exits on the left on the Energise and on the right on the Oxygen.
2. the forks are different. The S-Cross has a suspension fork, the Energise has a rigid fork. Suspension fork is more comfortable, rigid fork is 2-2.5kgs lighter and thus more energy efficient.
3. The battery case is different. Both have 13AH battery but the SCross has Dorado case, the Energize Rapier in-frame case.

You can buy key replacement parts from me, so don't worry about components. In general, rigid forks are cheaper to replace.

Reactions: Ganesh

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Discussion on other forums suggested the original Westhill e-bikes came from Apollo bikes in China. A guy in Birmingham was importing the same e-bike but with original "Apollo" colours (red/white/grey) and branding rather than Westhills own, and selling them on ebay for roughly half the price of Westhill.

That manufacturer site is here: http://www.chinaapollo.com/.

I don't think that original Birmingham seller is still importing them, but there may be others?

Reactions: Ganesh

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Is the in-frame battery on the Energise bike 13ah?

That type of battery is usually closer to 10ah.

That would equate with the quoted weight of 18kg.

Either way, the quoted range of 100 miles is seriously misleading.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is the in-frame battery on the Energise bike 13ah?

That type of battery is usually closer to 10ah.

That would equate with the quoted weight of 18kg.

Either way, the quoted range of 100 miles is seriously misleading.
Sorry, you are right, 400WH, 12AH, same on my Zephyr

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?zephyr-2018

The S-CROSS has 13AH.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Sorry, you are right, 400WH, 12AH, same on my Zephyr

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?zephyr-2018

The S-CROSS has 13AH.
Not much in it, but the Oxygen looks the better prospect to me.

The bikes may be a similar quality, but it looks like the Westhill retailer is a here today, gone tomorrow operation.

If the OP buys an Oxygen - or a woosh - he can be sure of someone to contact for service.

Ganesh

Just Joined
Aug 10, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
Great response guys, I'll try to wait for a week to see if Oxygen guys would be able to deliver me. I could not have figured out any differences on my own or the Chinese brand myself.

Does the motor cable existing on right or left makes any difference?

Cyclebuddy can you send me links of eBay guy in Bermingham?