Enjoy

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
I read all these posts, heart rate, pulse, etc, why not ride your bike whatever it may be and just enjoy being out on the road doing what you want to do and don't analyse every moment of the ride.:)

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
You ride your way & I'll ride mine:

Personally, I can do without a heart attack thro' pumping too hard uphill.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I read all these posts, heart rate, pulse, etc, why not ride your bike whatever it may be and just enjoy being out on the road doing what you want to do and don't analyse every moment of the ride.:)
Well said John, cycling is best treated like walking, an automatic function that doesn't have to thought about, just enjoyed.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
I must say I admire, and have learned a great deal, from some of the analytical posts on these pages. Still, the thrill for me is wheeling a bike out of the shed on a fine dry day and exploring the beautiful Cheshire lanes of my native land.
Happy e-biking to all - may the e-wind be ever at your back!
Tom

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
You ride your way & I'll ride mine:

Personally, I can do without a heart attack thro' pumping too hard uphill.
To be fair Jackhandy,we need to get our fact or facts straight before replying to johnc...... thread. Is he referring to any type of push bike or ebike? I totally agree in his key word "ENJOY",but personally for me i love to be on the greedy side at times and and by having the option of both worlds.

Mountainspot.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
To be fair Jackhandy,we need to get our fact or facts straight before replying to johnc...... thread. Is he referring to any type of push bike or ebike? I totally agree in his key word "ENJOY",but personally for me i love to be on the greedy side at times and and by having the option of both worlds.

Mountainspot.
Umm...... ?

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
It would appear that 'enjoyment' is a variable, and can be derived from a wide range of fun experiences. Last night, on the way back from the pub, I experienced the worst weather I have ever encountered on my Ebike. Incredibly heavy rain, the road was awash over it's full width with a river around an inch deep for much of the ride. Thunder, amazing lightning show, gale force winds, the lot. I was in full motorcycle wets except for shoes, my feet were soaked within 200 yards of setting off.

Despite all this I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. It was only 5 miles but the appeal of the 'challenge' was exciting, and it was great to be out and about to witness such an extreme environment. It's always good fun on an Ebike for me, whatever the weather, always an adventure.

I must say I was expecting the bike to cut out with so much water drenching everything, but it kept going. Never a dull ride on an Ebike. :cool:

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Bloke's a Nutter! :D

Good on yer - Getting seriously wet once you're out there, fair enough, that's life; But I have a great reluctance to setting out in a monsoon :)

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
In normal circumstances I would have to agree, I dont usually set out if its already raining heavily. However, a new barmaid was due to start at my local, and as such the trip was categorised as 'an essential journey'.

As luck would have it, I think I rather blew my chances of any romantic altercation as I entered the pub looking like the village idiot in a fishing outfit, and promptly showered everybody with water during an extended disrobing performance!

Cracking night out though!

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Every bike ride i go on is enjoyable (apart from the time my controller packed up and i had to pedal it :0)
It's the most enjoyable part of the day. I never look forward to going to work but the short bike ride makes it bareable and the bike ride home again is always bliss.
The only time i don't ride is in the icy weather.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I have the same trouble, cold weather taking away any pleasure of fast riding.
Hi flecc,

this is where we both differ because i do at times like or enjoy padding up from top to bottom and going out day or night for a long ride. I do pedal alot to increase my range plus enjoyment,and at the same time getting my sexy body all warmed up.:)

Mountainsport.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Like wurly the highlight of my working day, is the commute back and forth on my ebike.

Jerry

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
It would appear that 'enjoyment' is a variable, and can be derived from a wide range of fun experiences. Last night, on the way back from the pub, I experienced the worst weather I have ever encountered on my Ebike. Incredibly heavy rain, the road was awash over it's full width with a river around an inch deep for much of the ride. Thunder, amazing lightning show, gale force winds, the lot. I was in full motorcycle wets except for shoes, my feet were soaked within 200 yards of setting off.

Despite all this I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. It was only 5 miles but the appeal of the 'challenge' was exciting, and it was great to be out and about to witness such an extreme environment. It's always good fun on an Ebike for me, whatever the weather, always an adventure.

I must say I was expecting the bike to cut out with so much water drenching everything, but it kept going. Never a dull ride on an Ebike. :cool:
Are both your wheels a 49er?:eek:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi flecc,

this is where we both differ because i do at times like or enjoy padding up from top to bottom and going out day or night for a long ride. I do pedal alot to increase my range plus enjoyment,and at the same time getting my sexy body all warmed up.:)

Mountainsport.
It's not so much a difference, more a medical problem. I have the so called Raynauds phenomenon/disease, a loss of circulation in the extremities at fairly low temperatures, causing pain. No amount of padding etc can overcome this. I've tried all the tricks including electrically heated gloves/socks etc., but nothing works as anyone suffering this same condition will tell you.

Details link

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
It's not so much a difference, more a medical problem. I have the so called Raynauds phenomenon/disease, a loss of circulation in the extremities at fairly low temperatures, causing pain. No amount of padding etc can overcome this. I've tried all the tricks including electrically heated gloves/socks etc., but nothing works as anyone suffering this same condition will tell you.

Details link
Sorry to know about your condition and now i do understand your reason for this.

IN LIFE NEVER BE THE ONE TO JUDGE FIRST UNLESS YOU'VE BEEN GIVEN THE GO AHEAD TO DO SO.

Mountainsport.:) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX