Error code 25 and 30

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Thanks for that, my friend gave kudos a call and they said to him to check the sensor on the crank and that the led will be on, my friend have had a look and there is no light from led, do you think this may be the fault?

D

Deleted member 4366

It means that you have either a faulty pedal sensor or you have no 5v from the controller.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Right have had a look and I have 5v at the sensor so I think that's ok
Do you know where the bike gets it's speed form because the motor will work sometimes but it's intermittent and the speedo don't work
Is the pickup from the hall sensor in the motor?
Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

There's a specific speed sensor hall in the hub that shares its supply with the motor halls. The signal comes to the controller along the white wire.

The pedal sensor often gets damaged when the chain comes off. I'd check it very carefully.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
The sensor by the crank looks all ok, the led will flash so I think that ok and because the speedo isn't working make me think that this may be my fault

D

Deleted member 4366

5v pulse when you turn the wheel backwards. One pulse per revolution.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Well I have had the meter on the motor speed sensor wire and I get 5v, the motor is working but I still don't have any speed on the kingmeter and the plug that goes to the kimgmeter from the controller has got 5 wires on it and in this order from left to right, red,blue,black,green,yellow, will one wire send 5v to the meter? And if so do you know what colour wire it will be?
Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

Red is power from the battery (36v)
Blue sends power to the controller when you switch on the LCD (36v switched)
Black is ground (0v)
Green and yellow are receive and send data. You can't measure the data without special equipment.

Instructions and values are sent between the controller and the LCD. basically, they talk to each other using the yellow and green wires, like an intercom system. Whichever one has the speed sensor connected, sends the speed info to the other via the green and yellow wires, but as data, not as a speed signal.

The speed sensor should have 5v between the red and black wires. The speed signal comes down the third wire (white) which is normally 0v except when the magnet is over the sensor. I have seen some the other way round, where they're at 5v and drop to zero as the magnet passes. You only need to test that the pulse is present, which means that you have to rotate the wheel while measuring between the signal wire and ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
On the red and black wire for the speed sensor you say 5v, so will I have 5v all the time ?, I have 5v on the white wire so that's looks all ok

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Do you know if I can fit any controller and kingmeter if I make sure all the voltages are the same?, or will we have to get one from kudos

D

Deleted member 4366

On the red and black wire for the speed sensor you say 5v, so will I have 5v all the time ?, I have 5v on the white wire so that's looks all ok
No, the white wire must pulse when the magnet goes past. How many times do I have to say it? You can fit any controller and display, but you often have to change some connectors. You need to check whether you need a sensored or sensorless one.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
I have a 5v pulse on the white wire so that's all ok
What I want to know is on is will I have 5v on the red and black wire all the time?
And how will I know if I have a sensored or sensorless one?

D

Deleted member 4366

The 5v on red and black should be on all the time.

Sensorless motor has thre thick wires in the motor cable
Sensored has three thick ones plus 5 or more thin ones.

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
I'm assuming this is the bike that I bought for a project (the owner replaced it with a Haibike).

I bought a new controller and display - the old controller was fried - it runs perfectly on the throttle (no more code 30). The brake sensor also works fine (motor cuts out when brake applied and little icon comes on on the display).

The Pedal Assist Sensor also appears to have been faulty - I've put a new one on, but not had a chance to sort the wiring out yet - once that's done it should be better than new!

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
The Pedal Assist Sensor also appears to have been faulty - I've put a new one on, but not had a chance to sort the wiring out yet - once that's done it should be better than new!
New PAS sensor wired in and all works as it should :)

Advertisers