Error Codes

Papparay

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 21, 2016
Oldham
Hi, I'm new to this forum and electric bikes, so I apologise in advance if my question has been posted before.
I've recently acquired a second hand Greenedge CS2 with an LCD control unit (APT13LCD450U)
It's flashing Error Code 1. which is a communication error with advice to check cable.
My question is, which cable should I check, I've unplugged each cable and then reconnected but the error is still flashing.
Any techy types out there know a solution.

Regards
Ray

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you can't fix this error without swap out parts.
Try to unplug the throttle at the controller side.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's difficult to figure out which part needs replacing. The controller is built into the base of the battery casing, most difficult location to work on. If you can have access to a good bike, you can test the LCD and the throttle to eliminate them from the possible sources. These two items are the least likely culprits. The most likely culprits are in order: waterproof cable, controller, speed sensor.
where do you live?

Papparay

Oct 21, 2016
Oldham
it's difficult to figure out which part needs replacing. The controller is built into the base of the battery casing, most difficult location to work on. If you can have access to a good bike, you can test the LCD and the throttle to eliminate them from the possible sources. These two items are the least likely culprits. The most likely culprits are in order: waterproof cable, controller, speed sensor.
where do you live?
Oh dear, it's sounding complicated! I don't know anyone with an electric bike so it's either Halfords or change each piece in order.
Thanks for the advice, it's very much appreciated.
The bike runs fine. Do I cause more damage by using it with the error code?

I live Shaw near Oldham.
Regards
Ray

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you won't make it worse, just annoying to see an error everytime you switch it on. Do the assist levels still work?

Papparay

Oct 21, 2016
Oldham
you won't make it worse, just annoying to see an error everytime you switch it on. Do the assist levels still work?
Yep, everything working (I think).
I'll sort it out next week. I'm wrapping my caravan up this weekend, enjoying last week of the season.
Thanks for all your help.

Papparay

Oct 21, 2016
Oldham
Yep, everything working (I think).
I'll sort it out next week. I'm wrapping my caravan up this weekend, enjoying last week of the season.
Thanks for all your help.
Hi Trex, I've traced the fault to the LCD display unit. It looks like a bad connection in the unit. I'll have a go at taking it apart to see if it's fixable.

Reactions: trex
D

Deleted member 4366

When you get it apart, check the continuity from each pin in the connector to each corresponding solder point on the pcb. That's if you don't see anything obvious.

Papparay

Oct 21, 2016
Oldham
I am right in thinking Pedal Assist kicks in automatically once you start peddling unless the setting is 0?
If correct my pedal assist sensor is faulty with throttle control only providing power.
I think the gap between sensor and magnet is too wide about quarter inch?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
yes. The gap should really be about 2mm

Reactions: Papparay

Papparay

Oct 21, 2016
Oldham
Well after removing the display unit (450U) from the bike to take it apart, it would appear it's a sealed unit and I can't get into it for a repair! Not only that it looks like it's died a death and is now completely dead. I've checked the pins on the battery side connector and there is a nice 36v. So guys it looks like i'm going to need a replacement. Any ideas on where to buy??
Do I need an exact replacement or can I fit another model?:mad:

Papparay

Oct 21, 2016
Oldham
I'm pleased to report, with some technical advice from e-bikes direct my Greenedge CS2 is now running a okay!
The fault was in the cable loom between controller and led display. I've also replaced the sensor on the pedal assist and that also is working perfectly.
A big thank you to the guys at E-Bikes Direct for their invaluable assistance, who's customer service was second to none.

Advertisers