Error codes

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I've seen one error code lots of times before -03- if I try and use the throttle when the bike isn't moving, however my controller kept resetting itself on the way home last night and throwing up lots of 03 errors when I was moving fairly quickly, turning the battery off an on again seemed to make the problem go away for a while (it didn't happen at all this morning). It seemed to make no difference if the road was bumpy or steep and the time between failures varied from instant to several minutes, it once went from an 03 error straight into an 02 error and back to 03. When I pressed the button on the battery I got four green lights, the fuse holder had caused a problem in the past but was glued into place by the Wisper service centre, though that problem seemed quite different when it was happening.

I'd like to able to narrow down the cause of these, can we know what the errors refer to?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Andrew, that is unusual, the 03 code should come in exactly when you say, it is to encourage riders to pedal as well as use the throttle on take of, saving power and reducing wear on the motor.

I will talk to our tech guys and get back to you.

All the best

David

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Thanks, there doesn't seem any point in me sending it in as there's currently no problem to see. It hasn't happened again since.
I forgot to say that the system reset itself each time so I had a few seconds without power straight after the 03 error, it seemed like a connection problem but bumps appeared to make no difference.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Thanks, I also had a chat to the service dept today as my charger went pop last night and he's given me a little more detail about it. I'm going to check the connections over the weekend.

Advertisers