Etropolis 36v Electric bike

Keentolearn

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 15, 2021
Hi all,
I've been offered a etropolis crossbar 36v Electric bike for £250 which looks in really good condition, I did have a test ride and the bike was very fast and changed gears very well. I haven't heard of this brand of bike before so was wondering if these bikes are good ones.
Any information will be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For £250 if all the electrics work then it is worth a punt even if the battery is a few years old, it should be ok if it charges and holds good charge.
Test ride up any steep hill in highest assist level to see that the battery doesn't cut out under load ?
If the battery does fail then about £175 - £250 will get a new battery in the future as it is just a generic two wire connection.

Reactions: Keentolearn

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Georgehenry bought an old Oxygen bike for £100 as a spare parts bike for his of the same model, it turned out a better bike then his own one and the battery is still very good for it's age.

Keentolearn

Mar 15, 2021
For £250 if all the electrics work then it is worth a punt even if the battery is a few years old, it should be ok if it charges and holds good charge.
Test ride up any steep hill in highest assist level to see that the battery doesn't cut out under load ?
If the battery does fail then about £175 - £250 will get a new battery in the future as it is just a generic two wire connection.
Hi, thanks for the reply, the battery charges well and was tested on a 12 mile ride, the bike just wanted to go... There was a few little hills but mainly flat so will try out a steeper hill

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi, thanks for the reply, the battery charges well and was tested on a 12 mile ride, the bike just wanted to go... There was a few little hills but mainly flat so will try out a steeper hill
Tbh don't leave it too long or maybe the seller will off load it to someone else, condition looks very good so probably best to snap it up very soon.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's a standard Chinese bike with cheap but durable components. You should get years of service from it. It's easy and cheap to fix if anything goes wrong.

The only thing that looks a bit odd is the pedal sensor. I'd need more detailed photos to comment on it.

Keentolearn

Mar 15, 2021
It's a standard Chinese bike with cheap but durable components. You should get years of service from it. It's easy and cheap to fix if anything goes wrong.

The only thing that looks a bit odd is the pedal sensor. I'd need more detailed photos to comment on it.
Thanks for the reply. What makes you think it looks odd? I can send a couple of pictures when I'm home, it's riding great though

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That's the speed sensor. The pedal sensor is in or behind the chain-wheel. Conventional chinese ones have a disc with magnets in and a sensor clamped by the bottom bracket. I'd be interested to see what you have.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Ok, that's just a conventional PAS. I thought there might be something in that weird plastic housing on the outside of the chainwheel.