Ex-cyclist with bum big enough to have it's own postcode

belfastbiker

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 14, 2021
51yo Belfast-based heavy rider here, since I was last on bike, weight went up to 164kg, and down to 145kg and dropping. Also since I last biked, now have diabetes and arthritis, mostly in one knee.

Getting old and sick and lazy sucks, but every day above ground is a good day. :)

On lookout for a folding e-bike (Fiido D4S is the front runner) to help get me back into the swing of things, bit more exercise beyond walking and weight training, hoping to buy at end of month. I've a question in the general e-bike thread regarding that. :)

Anyhow, hai!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello.

Reactions: belfastbiker

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
51yo Belfast-based heavy rider here, since I was last on bike, weight went up to 164kg, and down to 145kg and dropping. Also since I last biked, now have diabetes and arthritis, mostly in one knee.

Getting old and sick and lazy sucks, but every day above ground is a good day. :)

On lookout for a folding e-bike (Fiido D4S is the front runner) to help get me back into the swing of things, bit more exercise beyond walking and weight training, hoping to buy at end of month. I've a question in the general e-bike thread regarding that. :)

Anyhow, hai!
Good luck with the continued weight loss and hope that you sort out an eBike.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
.. Also since I last biked, now have diabetes and arthritis, mostly in one knee.

Getting old and sick and lazy sucks...
But the good news is, nearly all of the above is reversible!
And while you might not be able to turn back your actual age, you could probably turn your biological age back a decade or more if you really put your mind to it. :)

Brighton Del

Just Joined
Aug 21, 2021
I have a Raleigh Stoweway and am pleased with it, I actually have only just started to fold it but it's very straightforward although a bit heavy and awkward to lift into the car. I want to lose weight too but am certainly getting out more with the bike, all the best!