Ex-trial Gtech Sport ebike £595 on Ebay (Gtech official ebay store)

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Not my cup of tea, but if anyone's in the market for a Gtech ebike, I saw these on Ebay saving £400 on new price. Comes with 1 year warranty

“REFURBISHED. These products are non-faulty returned eBikes that have been returned via the 14-day no-quibble free trial. the product is then put through a quality checking, cleaned and restored to a premium condition. Refurbished lines includes a 1 year Gtech warranty.”

16 available at time of posting

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gtech-eBike-Sport-refurbished-with-1-year-warranty-direct-from-Gtech/372189495657?epid=27012765671&hash=item56a8390169:g:euAAAOSwicpaVPvk

Boneidle

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 19, 2017
London
Maybe they have a new model on the horizon. I tried one, quite impressed just the small battery and slight delay when you pedal put me off buying. They sell them in cycle republic so you can try one then buy it cheap from eBay.

Electric Dreams

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 31, 2017
Hove
I have the sport. Honestly? I can't recommend it highly enough. For someone who hasn't been on a bike in 30 years and has no desire to do anything other than 'get on and go', it's perfect. No chain, no gears, great computer - £500 is a bargain and a great starting point for someone who wants to spend 2/3/4 grand on something. The main thing (and this is important for vain people like me), it just looks like a bicycle. Just my tuppence worth!

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Its amazing the power of social media these days,get enough people to talk to each other on twitter and facebook and you can sell ice to Eskimos.
I bet G-Tech regrets the day he got involved in e-bikes,there is just not a big enough market in the UK for TV advertising. Surprised G-Tech didnt do their homework on the spec of the bike,with no gears and tiny battery it was never going to be a hill climber.
It was inevitable he would have to heavily discount the bike to move it and the no quibble return policy would result in many once-used bikes,that they now need to shift at any price.
Better to stick to vacuum cleaners.
KudosDave

bbqforce10

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2017
devon
I bought a nearly new one second-hand and have to say I was quite impressed with it.......up to a point.
Good fun, simple clean design and easy to use, but it was no good with the Devon hills around me.
If you live in a fairly flat area, don't need to travel great distances, but want a simple e-bike to get you out and about I'd say they are a great buy at that price.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I bought a nearly new one second-hand and have to say I was quite impressed with it.......up to a point.
Good fun, simple clean design and easy to use, but it was no good with the Devon hills around me.
If you live in a fairly flat area, don't need to travel great distances, but want a simple e-bike to get you out and about I'd say they are a great buy at that price.[/QUOTE)

Sorry,I just cannot understand how you can be impressed with an e-bike that is ‘no good with the Devon hills’
All of my customers want an e-bike to help up hills,most of them would be happy to ride a non assisted bike on the flat. I have customers in Exmouth who have Kudos Arriba e-bikes,they live up the top of a steep hill,the lady gets breathless and the guy has dodgy knees,but the e-bikes with BPM motors allow them to ride home. Out in Greece they ride normal bikes around a lagoon ,they don’t need an e-bike.
Which is why I said that if you get people working on social media you can create a chat that gets Tom talking to Dick talking to Harry,who absolutely love the chocolate teapot that is so useful,hehe!!!
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
If you live in a fairly flat area, don't need to travel great distances, but want a simple e-bike to get you out and about I'd say they are a great buy at that price.
What is the point of an e-bike that is ‘no good on Devon hills’?
I have customers who live at the top of a steep hill in Exmouth,the lady gets breathless and the guy had dodgy knees,the BPM motors in their Kudos Arriba e-bikes allow them to ride uphill to home.
They ride bikes in Greece around a lagoon,on the flat they don’t need an e-bike.
It always amazes me that in these days of social media that you can have Tom talking to Dick talking to Harry,extolling the virtues of a chocolate teapot,hehe !!!
KudosDave

• Dislike
Reactions: Fingers