Exmoor with the e-bouncer

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Got my chores done & managed to go awol, on the bouncer for an hour, while the better half prepared dinner this afternoon.
Absolutely like a kid with a new toy; off-piste for the first time, on tracks we've walked for 40 years, but took on a totally new aspect on the bike.
Enjoyed myself so much I forgot to take pictures, so had to do the short loop to the top of Halse coombe again for a photo of the bit that beat me. It was so loose I couldn't get traction,no-how & had to get off - Boy was I glad I enabled the 4mph walk mode.

The bike is everything I hoped it would be - Ideal for proper offroad.
I reckon descending the top section of Halse coombe is definitely red standard, cause I went over the front again:)

Last edited:

TinKitten

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2014
Abergavenny
www.pottylou.co.uk
I did almost that exact same walk when I stayed on Burrowhayes in the spring. It's a beautiful circuit. You think Halse Coombe would be red? I think it's more like black as my memory seems to recall it very steep indeed! I would have wimped out and taken an easier way down, you've got guts!

I can see from your picture why you had trouble with that track. It's a perfect example of what always has me walking too. I can make an attempt but as soon as a loose rock knocks me off balance enough to cause me to stop, I can't get going again because of the steepness combined with surface. And then I too am so glad of my walk mode which has been an invaluable addition to my KTM.

Glad you are loving your bouncer, we will have to start a club for addicts. :)

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I did come down part of it the easy way _ Over the front
Luckily the bike stayed put in the deeply worn trench & didn't follow me over!
I have to admit to getting off for the bit of Granny's ride that descends to Lord ??'s ride _ A Steep too far ☺

I tried carrying on up Granny's, toward Stoke Pero, but wimped out when the bike kept rearing & lobbing me sideways toward the drop _ Still haven't mastered standing to pedal with power on _ Yet.

It's a great area to ride off piste & I'll be back in April for more of the same.

Reactions: TinKitten

Advertisers