Exploding handlebars !

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I stumbled across this GPS enabled device earlier this evening.
http://vengecycle.com
If some scallywag should move your bike more than 50m from where you left it, the handlebars explode :eek:
I don't suppose they get UK government approval :(

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I stumbled across this GPS enabled device earlier this evening.
http://vengecycle.com
If some scallywag should move your bike more than 50m from where you left it, the handlebars explode :eek:
I don't suppose they get UK government approval :(
I thought this was a p**s-take at first, but it looks real to me... Brilliant :D

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Looks like a fairly sophisticated joke to me. “The use of explosives is not legal in all states.” Meaning US states. Get you banged up in the UK certainly.

It takes a couple of seconds to think through how easy it would be to cause collateral damage to people not stealing the bike. Not to mention any thief. Or even his girlfriend who borrowed it to pop down to the shops and didn’t know she was living with a homicidal idiot.

I expect this bloke has had a few bikes stolen and spent a long stoned night fantasising at how to prevent it - get revenge.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Yet another thing you need a smart phone for, will it never end?

eHomer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2012
It reminds me of a half-flippant DIY idea for an anti-theft device for cars, many years ago.

Someone thought of a spring loaded bayonet in the steering column.

Aside from being done for manslaughter, one must always consider the human error of forgetfulness.

It's bad enough when you set your own alarms off by mistake..... :rolleyes:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
It reminds me of a half-flippant DIY idea for an anti-theft device for cars, many years ago.

Someone thought of a spring loaded bayonet in the steering column.

Aside from being done for manslaughter, one must always consider the human error of forgetfulness.

It's bad enough when you set your own alarms off by mistake..... :rolleyes:
That bike device is a bit tame compared to this thing though:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/232777.stm

If fitted to a bike, then my suggestion is to locate the flamethrower under the saddle, aimed right up the chocolate starfish :D

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
This thread reminds me of something that I did many years ago.

Short version of incident..

One night a pikey tried to take my pickup truck from our driveway. I caught him, and it ended up with me giving chase, and being run down by his car as he tried to escape.
Police were called, and traced the car back to a camp in Dartford, some 40 odd miles away. He had kindly left the front bumper and number plate behind in his haste to escape from me.
When I woke in the morning, he or they had come back and stripped the lights from the truck.

My solution was take a load of those French pull by string firework bangers, wrap them in layer upon layer of electrical insulation tape to increase the effect of them, swap the string for wire, and then attach them to every light on the truck, from behind the light unit. The bastids never came back, so I never got to find out just how effective that they might have been.

Last edited:
Reactions: Croxden

Advertisers