Exposure(USE) fitted lights

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
As in the fuse and the flex, the ones that wire into the battery. Anyone got one ?.
How easy was it to fit or do i need have the lbs i got the bike from do it.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Are you wanting to connect ebike lights to it's battery directly? I soldered mine to the battery through a 5A blade fuse, but I had to learn to solder first. My first attempt fried my controller, but my soldering skills have much improved since then. The second try went very well - it's a very robust and solid soldered connection. You may have serious difficulties, if your ebike isn't a generic type or conversion kit?

Reactions: AndyBike

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If you don't use a water bottle, you could mount a very small generic ebike 36v-48v bottle battery and solder wires, miniblade fuse, connect the red wire through a waterproof motorcycle switch on the handlebar leading to a 1800LM 12V-80V motorcycle headlight, like I have. Or several - they draw 0.5A each.

As for whether it's possible to attach any light not specifically designed to be attached to your particular bike battery, I don't know. I think it'd be a bad idea trying, unless there's a ready made product for your bike.

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
If you don't use a water bottle, you could mount a very small generic ebike 36v-48v bottle battery and solder wires, miniblade fuse, connect the red wire through a waterproof motorcycle switch on the handlebar leading to a 1800LM 12V-80V motorcycle headlight, like I have. Or several - they draw 0.5A each.

As for whether it's possible to attach any light not specifically designed to be attached to your particular bike battery, I don't know. I think it'd be a bad idea trying, unless there's a ready made product for your bike.
I think there is provision for inbuilt lights. I remember reading something about it being prewired, but i believe i need to have it enabled. Theres certainly a empty wire coming out the back, leading to nowhere. I think its fed through that but from now looking at the Exposure site, I need a special plug, each is specified to the bike motor/frame model type.
Thanks for the help all the same

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I think there is provision for inbuilt lights. I remember reading something about it being prewired, but i believe i need to have it enabled. Theres certainly a empty wire coming out the back, leading to nowhere. I think its fed through that but from now looking at the Exposure site, I need a special plug, each is specified to the bike motor/frame model type.
Thanks for the help all the same
It might be a low power 6V? Similar to the wires for lights leading from the bbs01b controller? I have two low powered 5W lights connected to that line - a front and rear. The display detects when it's dark and automatically switches both on, and there's an override switch. The 5W front light had far too low lumens output to be of any use lighting up the road, so I initially added a second 5W front light, but to the battery, and when that wasn't enough, I soldered on the 25W 1800LM. Might add a second 1800LM, because even though the one is bright enough, the spread is too concentrated in the middle of the beam. I'd like a wider overall spread lighting up completely dark roads and paths.

Hope you can get that lighting wire enabled, and that it's capable of powering more than 6v and 5W lights.

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers