Ezee controller voltage problem

benjy_a

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2009
Well it's been a few years since I posted anything here but I've returned for some wisdom if anyone can help.

In short....does anyone know how to change an Ezee Mk2 kit from 48v setting to 36v, without access to a 48v battery?

Lengthy version.....i set my kit to 48v and used it happily like that for a long time. I recently sold the kit (without battery) to someone the other side of the country who wants to run it on 36v. I told them how to access the advanced menu and switch it to 36v....

Now here's the issue....with a 36v battery connected, the new owner cannot get the controller to do anything... Because it thinks the battery is low (still set to 48v) she cannot even access the advanced menu to change it to 36v.

So what a crazy design..? Seems like the controller HAS to he connected to a 48v battery in order to switch it over to 36v.

Can anyone suggest a solution? Would it work to just connect a 48v low power, power supply to it just to change the settings?....or connect a 12v battery in series....

Or....is there any way to factory reset the ezee controller so that it defaults back to 36v?

Thanks for any help.....

benjy_a

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2009
Ask on Endless-sphere if you don't get an answer here.

Good plan, thanks.

It's a bit of a longshot but I don't suppose anyone of a friendly, helpful and charitable disposition has a 48v battery and lives in Bristol do they (which is where the lady lives who bought my kit)? I used to live in Bristol but unfortunately now I'm 3.5hrs away. :-(