eZee Forza RWB City Edition Review

C

Cyclezee

Quote from Wai Won Ching, owner of eZee bikes.

"Over the past 12 years we have refined our design and construction of eZeebikes to meet the priorities in performance, robustness, reliability and utility, being sexy takes 2nd, 3rd or or perhaps 4th place.

I do believe our Forza out performs a great deal of bikes, BH, Stromer, Bosch etc., and offers far better value for money."

eZee will be exhibiting at the Interbike show this year and hopefully, will also get a 2nd stand at the test track ( application for the test track is still not open yet).

C

Cyclezee

Text of the review at eBikeReview.com.au

Andrew
Hi
Do you sell this model John in the UK? Looks like quite good value.

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Yes we do sell the the Forza RWD as it is correctly called in the UK.

I guess the reviewer may have the same type of dyslexia that I do, getting B and D mixed up. RWD stands for rear wheel drive.

One fact he did not make clear when talking about the weight of the bike is the 20Ah battery is optional and the lower capacity 11 or 15Ah battery would bring down the total weight.

Interestingly, the 20 and 28Ah batteries weigh 6 KG, the same as the 10Ah Ni Mh eZee used several years ago.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
The review is pretty close to bang on my experience when I test rode the front wheel drive version, the motor makes most 250w ones feel like a joke.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the motor makes most 250w ones feel like a joke.
that's not very kind to bikes that don't need to be restricted.
We all know the '200W' label on the RWD is only for compliance.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
the motor makes most 250w ones feel like a joke.
You're not wrong there ;)

Due to a problem, which John has sorted quick-smart under warranty, I've been back on the Kraken with 8fun WX motor for the past week & the difference is considerable:
My legs'll be delighted when the Ezee wheel's returned this afternoon :D

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I wasn't referring to speed but torque.
I meant the bikes that do not need to be restricted are built to lower power, typically 250W-350W 8-Fun SWX whereas the ones that need to be restricted are built with bigger, heavier, more powerful motors capable of 350W-700W continuously, typically 8-Fun BPM, Ezee etc.
If you limit continous power to 200W-250W as per the label, the RWD won't climb any steeper hills than 5% on throttle.
Therefore, we are not comparing like with like so it seems to me unfair to say that the SWXs are 'a joke'.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

It really gets my goat when people say that you can't climb hills with hub-motors. Some have amazing torque. My Xiongda can pull 130kg up a 15% hill without pedalling. The Bafang BPM can do it easily. No Bosch, impulse or Panasonic system can do that.

Reactions: Arbol

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
and the Bosch requires you to input 30% of the energy otherwise, it won't move. So when they quote range, it's usually 30% more than Chinese e-bikes with same battery capacity.
The perception of superior German bikes usually comes from 'you get what you pay for'. Not always true.

Reactions: Arbol

arthur49

Pedelecer
May 27, 2013
Mid Scotland
It really gets my goat when people say that you can't climb hills with hub-motors. Some have amazing torque. My Xiongda can pull 130kg up a 15% hill without pedalling. The Bafang BPM can do it easily. No Bosch, impulse or Panasonic system can do that.
This is genuinely interesting. I'm perfectly happy with my Freego Eagle but there is an 'expert' on a motorhome forum who decries "Chinese Junk" and for hill climbing "its got to be Panasonic or Bosch crank drive" and "Buy German" etc etc
Now I'm no expert and have no vested interest in any manufacturer but up here (Scotland) hills are hills and not 'knolls', so where does the truth lie about "best for hill climbing"?
Arthur

C

Cyclezee

This is genuinely interesting. I'm perfectly happy with my Freego Eagle but there is an 'expert' on a motorhome forum who decries "Chinese Junk" and for hill climbing "its got to be Panasonic or Bosch crank drive" and "Buy German" etc etc
Now I'm no expert and have no vested interest in any manufacturer but up here (Scotland) hills are hills and not 'knolls', so where does the truth lie about "best for hill climbing"?
Arthur
Hi Arthur,

Let me guess, the expert on the motorhome forum wouldn't be called Eddieo would he?

Reactions: trex and arthur49
C

Cyclezee

I believe his name is Eddie. 'Judgemental' on m/home forum
Hmm, that explains a lot Arthur.

You might want to pass on regards from the guy that he called "pond life" and ask how come he doesn't post on this forum any longer and why he has been trying for months to sell a Bosch powered bike on eBay ;)

As for your Freego Eagle, if it does what you want why change it?

If you have a couple of minutes you might want to read my thread from a few years back before I became involved in the trade selling the best electric bikes manufactured in China http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/freego-eagle-upgrades.6557/

Last edited by a moderator:

arthur49

Pedelecer
May 27, 2013
Mid Scotland
Hmm, that explains a lot Arthur.

You might want to pass on regards from the guy that he called "pond life" and ask how come he doesn't post on this forum any longer and why he has been trying for months to sell a Bosch powered bike on eBay ;)

As for your Freego Eagle, if it does what you want why change it?

If you have a couple of minutes you might want to read my thread from a few years back before I became involved in the trade selling the best electric bikes manufactured in China http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/freego-eagle-upgrades.6557/
I would be happy to pass on your regards but I tend to not communicate on any of his threads as he is clearly an 'expert' and knows everything about anything all the time and frankly I could not compete in such intellectual circles :)
Will check out your thread
Not planning on changing my Eagle but do like keeping abreast of professional opinion ...

C

Cyclezee

I would be happy to pass on your regards but I tend to not communicate on any of his threads as he is clearly an 'expert' and knows everything about anything all the time and frankly I could not compete in such intellectual circles :)
Will check out your thread
Not planning on changing my Eagle but do like keeping abreast of professional opinion ...
You have just confirmed my suspicions Arthur and I don't blame you for not communicating.

Unfortunately, he is not unique in the world of forums...let's just leave it at that as I have probably said enough alreadyo_O

Reactions: arthur49
D

Deleted member 4366

We identified Eddieo as Judgemental some time ago. I feel a bit sorry for the guys on that motorhome forum trusting his "unbiased" views.

There's no "best" out of crank-drives and hub-motors. There's so many different types of motors with their associated different control systems that you can't generalise. Thankfully, we have a choice, so you can choose a system that suits your journeys and style of riding.

I'm still trying to decide if Indalo and Eddieo were the same person!

Last edited by a moderator: