Ezee Li-polymer advice

themutiny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2009
Whoops

originally posted in the wrong place methinks........

Hi

has anyone else purchased one of the above?

I only ask because my initial results have been far from satisfactory. Although so far I have only conditioned the battery, it seems to have some rather strange power characteristics when compared with my phylion.

With the Phylion, it remains in green for around 5 miles, then flicks into amber, it goes into amber about 12 miles and flicks into red occasionally under load. Once it is permanently on red under load then the 'end' comes within a mile or two.

The new one flicks into amber straightaway, is on permanent amber under load within 5 miles, is on permanent amber at rest within 8 or 9 miles with permanent red under load by around 10. th estrange thing is that it carries on like this for another 8 miles.

However, i don't think 17/18 miles is sufficient from a brand new battery given that I am a competent cyclist and can get easily 23 out of a year old phylion that has had around 100 charge cycles.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

imellor

Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2006
Whoops

originally posted in the wrong place methinks........

Hi

has anyone else purchased one of the above?

I only ask because my initial results have been far from satisfactory. Although so far I have only conditioned the battery, it seems to have some rather strange power characteristics when compared with my phylion.

With the Phylion, it remains in green for around 5 miles, then flicks into amber, it goes into amber about 12 miles and flicks into red occasionally under load. Once it is permanently on red under load then the 'end' comes within a mile or two.

The new one flicks into amber straightaway, is on permanent amber under load within 5 miles, is on permanent amber at rest within 8 or 9 miles with permanent red under load by around 10. th estrange thing is that it carries on like this for another 8 miles.

However, i don't think 17/18 miles is sufficient from a brand new battery given that I am a competent cyclist and can get easily 23 out of a year old phylion that has had around 100 charge cycles.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
The consensus of opinion on the forums tends to be to ignore the battery indicators and rely on getting to know the range of your machine. If you do that I would guess that after a few further charge / discharge cycles (excuse the pun) I am sure the range will increase to that of the old battery.

Ian

Advertisers