Ezee Liv battery dead - what are my options?

microbike

Just Joined
Mar 26, 2008
We've enjoyed our Ezee Liv for 2 years (bought from 50 Cycles), but this cold weather in the UK has just killed the battery we suspect. The battery was holding less and less over this year, with the red light starting to appear uphill after only a few miles despite a full charge. Now when we plug it in, the charger thinks for a minute, the fan inside does a momentary spin, then stops, and it shows green, even though there's not even enough charge to work the built-in lights now.

What are our options please IYO? :( There's plenty of life left in the bike!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There is only the option of a new battery I'm afraid, recelling isn't possible if it's a Li-ion and impractical if it's a NiMh type, due to the unusual internal construction of the eZee NiMh battery.

There's a choice of two new batteries, a 10 Ah at about £400, and a 14 Ah long range battery at about £525. Both of these are Lithium types, so if your present battery is a NiMh type, you will need a new Lithum charger as well, I believe at about £125.

I'm sorry to bring such bad tidings but our present economic situation has brought exchange rates which mean very high prices for equipment imported from many places.

If you are faced with buying a new battery and charger at a minimum of £525 together, you might even want to consider a new e-bike, selling the old Liv without battery for whatever you can get for it.

The eZee agents now are Onbike.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Other options you could consider, would be to buy a ping lifepo4 battery a 36v 15ah would be around £285 including the charger,or build a lead acid pack for less than a hundred pounds,although with these two options you would add extra weight to the bike, and have to mount the battery on the rear rack or somewhere.

Advertisers