Ezee Motor

wehey

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2014
Would anyone know what the serial number on this Ezee motor means ?
Is it a V2 motor and is it 250rpm or 350rpm.
I am hoping someone can help
The label reads: EZ-R-10011-3 and EZ-R3.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Before you think about using it for a project, let me tell you my experience with an Ezee mk2 motor. I tried all the modern controllers, but I couldn't get any that would make it run properly despite trying every setting and wire combinations, though I could get it to run smoothly backwards. I then tried a few of my older automatic controllers that can usually run anything, but no matter what I did, they would only run it backwards. It seems that there is some asymmetry in the hall sensor positioning. Unfortunately, I didn't have a controller with reverse function to test, so I can't say whether one of those would have worked.

It worked perfectly with an Ezee controller.

wehey

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2014
Before you think about using it for a project, let me tell you my experience with an Ezee mk2 motor. I tried all the modern controllers, but I couldn't get any that would make it run properly despite trying every setting and wire combinations, though I could get it to run smoothly backwards. I then tried a few of my older automatic controllers that can usually run anything, but no matter what I did, they would only run it backwards. It seems that there is some asymmetry in the hall sensor positioning. Unfortunately, I didn't have a controller with reverse function to test, so I can't say whether one of those would have worked.

I have 2x Ezee controllers :)

Reactions: Scorpio

wehey

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2014
can't you just fire up the motor and see how fast it spins?
I don’t have it yet lol.
Have seen it advertised locally at a steal price.
I have a front wheel Ezee hub but want a rear wheel for more off-road!
I just want to make sure it’s a 250. It’s laced into a 700c rim so i will have to re-lace it onto a 26inch rim.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I don’t have it yet lol.
Have seen it advertised locally at a steal price.
I have a front wheel Ezee hub but want a rear wheel for more off-road!
I just want to make sure it’s a 250. It’s laced into a 700c rim so i will have to re-lace it onto a 26inch rim.
All those Ezee motors are 500w, regardless of what they're labelled.

Spinnanz

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2019

Thats odd. A cheap and cheerful $50 controller from China was all golden on mine.