Ezee

Rapphil

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 23, 2019
Hi, I have 3 ezee bikes and the Street has 5 lights flashing so twistgrip is not working. Does anyone know if you can get replacement , bike is 8 years old and didn’t know if this bike is now a ‘throwaway’ as no uk dealer. Has a battery once off John and tried e mail but know he is retired. Any help appreciated .

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Ezee now supplied in the UK by Greentech who may be able to help you.

Rapphil

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks very much for prompt reply and contact, also heard from John but not sure if he can help but will have a look, will contact Greentech thanks.

Rapphil

Jun 23, 2019
As we are abroad for a month yet is there anything simple I can check. Connections seem ok at twist and first box but not sure which way it goes then as so many wires (not technical).

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You haven't given enough info in defining your problem. If you need a new throttle, you can use any one. An Ezee throttle is just a standard throttle at a jumped up price. Get one from Ebay. They all work exactly the same.

Is your bike still working with the pedal sensor? If not, in what circumstances did your problem start? If your throttle is faulty, did you try disconnecting it to see if the problem goes away?

Rapphil

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks for info on throttle. When we purchased bikes they have been wired to throttle only so cannot try with pedals. The red light comes on by key and flashes 5 times and we have no power as only on throttle usage.

Rapphil

Jun 23, 2019
See what you mean about e bay, I know this sounds ignorant but do the wires go to main box by the battery or via the on/off power switch. How do you get to main box, by taking plates off first that hold the battery.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
All throttles have three wires unless they have addidional features, like a switch (2 addition wires) or LEDs to indicate battery voltage (1 additional wire). The three wires are normally red, black and the third can be any colour.

Follow the cable from your throttle until you come to the connector. Disconnect it, see if the error disappears. You need to do that test to confirm that a new throttle will solve the problem. Fitting a new throttle is very quick and easy - normally, cut the cables and join the three wires.

Show us a picture of your throttle if you want more specific advice. Is it a left side half-width twist throttle? There are different versions of that bike.

Last edited:

Rapphil

Jun 23, 2019
All throttles have three wires unless they have addidional features, like a switch (2 addition wires) or LEDs to indicate battery voltage (1 additional wire). The three wires are normally red, black and the third can be any colour.

Follow the cable from your throttle until you come to the connector. Disconnect it, see if the error disappears. You need to do that test to confirm that a new throttle will solve the problem. Fitting a new throttle is very quick and easy - normally, cut the cables and join the three wires.

Show us a picture of your throttle if you want more specific advice. Is it a left side half-width twist throttle? There are different versions of that bike.
Thanks again will follow your advice. Photos hopefully attached .9F096AC3-C22A-421A-A594-55DA730D712F.jpeg0F05DD0F-A441-4348-B805-E0617FD6C5FC.jpeg0F05DD0F-A441-4348-B805-E0617FD6C5FC.jpeg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Left hand throttle with a switch limits your choice a bit. You have the option of using a right hand throttle with a switch or using a separate switch and throttle. Can you show what's on the right hand handlebar so that we can see which throttle fits best?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's probably better to fit the throttle on the left side. many of the thumb-throttles are ambidextrous, like this one that has the switch:

If you want to go for that one, you can leave off the wire that operates the battery display.

A right half throttle would probably be OK, but it's not clear whether you have enough room for a thumb throttle or whether a half-twist one has enough clearance for the brake.

As I said, any throttle will work. There are loads to choose from on Ebay, Amazon and Aliexpress. If it doesn't have a switch, you can wire in a separate switch.

Choose whatever you want, then post here before ordering so that we can confirm that it'll be OK and how to wire it. Basically, cut the wire four to six inches from both the old and throttles, strip back the insulation and solder five wires together. Insulate with heat-shrink sleeve.

Rapphil

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks so much for the help , we are still in France and will cope with one bike without until we get back to Uk and sort the bike out. Brilliant help thanks.

Advertisers