Fab 110km ride today - Carmarthenshire/Swansea

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire
Feeling really chuffed, so just want to share the love :D

I've been wanting to do this circuit for a while, since looking on the Sustrans website and seeing that you can pretty much do a circular route from Cross Hands, through Ammanford, Brynamman, Ystradowen, Pontardawe, Llansamlet, Swansea seafront, Gorseinon, Llanelli, then back to Cross Hands, with the vast majority of it being off road!

So I did it on my old Cube, with OH on his carbon racer. I did take a spare battery, but would've got home on the original had I not had to up the assistance due to knee jip.

Stopped off for a cuppa on the seafront, and another guy was there with a Scott e-bike, so we got talking. He said there's no way he'd have been able to be out cycling without it, and to be fair, there's no way I'd be doing that kind of distance without mine so we were both singing their praises :cool:

I just need a comfier saddle now, and a better way of carrying the spare battery as it wasn't great in the backpack.

To keep on track, I mapped the route on Strava, which was pretty easy using the heat map, then loaded it into my Garmin Edge 1000, and it was fairly straightforward to follow.
Screenshot_20190324-181420_Connect.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing and Nev

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i posted all the packs in another thread ;)

Reactions: Barrio Barranco

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire
They're really nice backpacks, but the price is a bit ouchy :oops:.

Is it better to try to carry the spare battery on the frame if at all possible, or doesn't it really make much odds?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well you dont want it to fall off so i would use a back pack and def not on the frame.

there expensive but will be comfortable esp for a long ride and not fall to bits in 5 mins.;)

or you could use a rack i suppose.

Reactions: LeighPing and xena