Falco e-motors kickstarter project

Remco

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 6, 2014
I'm new here but If you don´t mind I want to inform you about an interesting Kickstarter project Falco e-motors just has started. Maybe you already knew about this project, if not please read on ;-).

Firstly I'm not associated with Falco, but I want to know you about the kit because I´m enthousiastic! Of course I want them to succeed with their kickstartergoal. I have backed them myself also and luckely more people have done it to. But the 100k goal is not reached yet!

I already openend a post on endless-sphere. The links to Falco's Kickstarter project and blog:

project: http://goo.gl/AneLht
blog: http://falcofusion.blogspot.com/

Summarized, Falco offers a 5 phase gearless Europe legal motor with regeneration, support for up to 10 speed freewheel/cassette, wireless functions and smartphone integration. Smartphone integration means cardio/fitness control with cycle analyst functions and maps/navigation. The uniqueness of the kit is that Falco combines different technologies in a single package. I have not seen this before with other ebike sets.

People who are really interested, check the links please and don´t miss this project!
Thanx´Remco, the Netherlands

Last edited:

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I'm surprised Falco need crowd-funding for this _ I'd have thought it would be a fairly natural progression in their kit development.
And £100,000 seems quite a small amount in development terms?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
another way to have a similar assist scheme is to replace the normal throttle with a heart rate monitor.
It does not cost much to develop.

D

Deleted member 4366

Remco also posted this on Endless-sphere as a noob about the Falco project. I think we can assume a connection, especially as he's conveniently able to forward questions to Falco and get immediate answers.

Perhaps Cyclezee can explain what's going on with this project as he sells Falco kits.

Remco

Sep 6, 2014
Again and again ;-)... No (commercial) connection, just some mails/questions between the Falco company and me. I must say, they answer really fast!

Here in the Netherlands I have posted their project also on a ebike forum. And yes we Dutch can more or less speak/write a couple of languages. Tomorrow, maybe I will post it on a German forum also! Nice, isn´t it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The problem is that Falco fill all their promotional stuff with fluff, smoke and mirrors, so you can't see what it is that you're actually getting. They make all sorts of unsubstantiated claims, like zero cogging, which is impossible. I hope you haven't been taken in by it. I'd wait until you see an independent report by someone that actually has one of their products before buying.

Why does a company that already has a distribution network of dealers have to start a Kickstarter project for a product that they're already selling. Something doesn't add up.

Remco

Sep 6, 2014
I'd wait until you see an independent report by someone that actually has one of their products before buying.

Why does a company that already has a distribution network of dealers have to start a Kickstarter project for a product that they're already selling. Something doesn't add up.
There are already people who tested or tried Falco's products. For example the following review is really positive 4,5 out of 5 stars.
http://electricbikereview.com/falco/hx-500/

Another youtube video:

Independent or not, Electric bike review has tested tons of ebikes, I think they know what they are talking about. Looking at the video I can hear immediatly that the motor is less noisy compared with the Chinese Bafang I have. A Bafang swxu motor where after 4500km I had to replace the planetary gears inside, because one had torn. Gears are noisy and they get worn out in time. Falco is gearless. Yes others might be also, but the combination-package Falco offers I have not seen before.

Every company has to do marketing (you call it fluff) to sell products, I have no problem with that. Maybe Falco uses the crowd funding to explore or test new ways of doing business and getting more direct feedback/questions from potential endusers like me, I don't know... It also makes the exposure rate bigger: we are talking about their products right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Both those reviews are connected. Why did they both mention 5 hall sensors as if that's something significant. Somebody that knew what they were talking about would have mentioned the five phases instead. Neither of those reviews were by anybody that had actually bought one. They were just reproducing standard embellished publicity stuff.

Everything I look at from this company looks suspicious - forum posts, reviews, videos and info on their website. I ask myself why? I've been following the development of Falco motors for over a year, and the more I see, the less easy I feel. If the product is any good, why do they market it that way?

I'm not against the product in any way. There have been some nice innovations along the way, but I wait to be convinced that they make the product better than it's competitors.

Why did you compare it with a SWX, which is half the size? Surely, the one to compare it with would be the Bafang CST, for which I've never heard of gears stripping. In fact it's extremely rare to get that on a SWX these days. Years ago, stripped gears on SWXs was more common, but Bafang have changed the material since then.

Reactions: Alan Quay

Rakesh Dhawan

Sep 8, 2014
d8veh,

My name is Rakesh Dhawan and I am the founder and inventor of Falco system. I have spent last 6 years of my life and my resources developing this technology.

I am surprised how cruel and unfair the comments can be from the general public who have no idea what it is to be an entrepreneur. What it is to have a dream and pursue it. What it is to live every moment of that day to live for that dream and try to achieve it. What it is to sacrifice every pleasure in life for the pursuit of that dream.

Well, We have done it. Our technology is leagues above anything in the market. I do not know marketing. If I knew marketing, you will be drinking the same coolaid the rest of Europe is drinking of the brands with systems which are substandards.

I do not mind being put the test. You want to put the system to test, put the system to test.

Please do not disrespect or denigrate my hard work.

I have not worked this long to have a sub-standard technology.

I hope you will respect a man's work and judge it for what it is and not what do you think it is.

Thank You
Rakesh

Rakesh Dhawan

Sep 8, 2014
I'm surprised Falco need crowd-funding for this _ I'd have thought it would be a fairly natural progression in their kit development.
And £100,000 seems quite a small amount in development terms?
This is a good question. We have really lacked marketing. We needed the platform like the Kickstarter to not only spread the word but also expedite our development. I am no Steve Jobs. But we sure wish to have a chance of expediting our development without external investment. Bosch is spending upwards of $140 million on eBIke technology. We are further ahead and we need support to keep ahead.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
good luck with the project, Rakesh.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
d8veh,

I do not know marketing. If I knew marketing, you will be drinking the same coolaid the rest of Europe is drinking of the brands with systems which are substandards.
Just drink the Koolaid and everything will be fine....

D

Deleted member 4366

I am surprised how cruel and unfair the comments can be from the general public who have no idea what it is to be an entrepreneur. What it is to have a dream and pursue it. What it is to live every moment of that day to live for that dream and try to achieve it. What it is to sacrifice every pleasure in life for the pursuit of that dream.
Rakesh, I had a feeling that you were going to turn up here before long. You can expect unfair comments if you or your cronies use underhand tactics for your marketing. Why didn't you come on here in the first place to announce your kickstart project, and explain the reasons why you're doing it and what the true benefits are. If you're fair with us, we'll be fair to you. I've nothing against your products, and I hope they do well, but please don't take us for idiots.

Remco

Sep 6, 2014
Rakesh, if you or your cronies use underhand tactics for your marketing. Why didn't you come on here in the first place to announce your kickstart project, and explain the reasons why you're doing it and what the true benefits are. If you're fair with us, we'll be fair to you. I've nothing against your products, and I hope they do well, but please don't take us for idiots.
There is no hidden agenda which you are suggesting. This subject I posted purely on my own initiative because I see huge potential and I want them to succeed. That is in my own interest because I'm a backer also.

Good to see you have nothing against Falco's products and you are hoping they do well. Let us focus on that, instead of this unfair negative suspicious attitude. The project still has backers to go,

Last edited:
Reactions: Rakesh Dhawan

Rakesh Dhawan

Sep 8, 2014
Dear d8veh,

Thanks for your comments. I have learnt this from our history. Honesty and Truth and great efforts win at the end. It may take longer. But we win.

I would urge you to get on the right side of the things.

There is nothing under-handed about any of this. This technology will succeed one way or the other.

This has been my mission and It will continue to be my mission. I am very grateful to Remco for supporting us. He did not have to do it. He believs in our technology and he is doing all he can to spread the word.

He forwarded the link to me after comments and questions were raised.

I hope that clarifies the situation for you.

Again, my response to you would be not to disrespect honest efforts as honest, good efforts and great technologies always win.

Warm Regards,
Rakesh

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
D8veh has an excellent technical knowledge and has spotted a few shysters. When something new comes up we tend to be suspicious.
There are a number of comment around.
But many of us are very happy to see any real new advance to improve our bikes and like d8veh will be happy if this product is efficient and effective and improves the range and quality of equipment available.

Please don't insult us buy claiming we are Luddites as we are far from it on this site. So welcome and be truthful and we will support good products.

Rakesh Dhawan

Sep 8, 2014
That is great to know. Then support the Kickstarter campaign for what it is. Innovations need to be encouraged and supported not ridiculed and not trounced.

I look forward to the support.

Best,
Rakesh

C

Cyclezee

Remco also posted this on Endless-sphere as a noob about the Falco project. I think we can assume a connection, especially as he's conveniently able to forward questions to Falco and get immediate answers.

Perhaps Cyclezee can explain what's going on with this project as he sells Falco kits.
Hi D8veh,
We have been having a short break in beautiful Pembrokeshire, so I am totally chilled out and have only just seen this thread.
Sorry, but I don't know anything about this project as we no longer sell Falco kits.

Now totally off thread:)

Freshwater West:)
DSC_0006.JPG
The best burgers on the planet http://www.beachfood.co.uk/:)
DSC_0010.JPG
Freshwater West at sunset:)
DSC_0040.JPG

Sorry, but I don't know anything about this project as we no longer sell Falco kits